5500NAC and c-bus Thermostat

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by m.sorokin, Feb 8, 2019.

1. m.sorokin

m.sorokin

As far as I understand, 5500NAC is based on the Schneider LSS controller, which in turn is based on the Embedded Systems LM5 controller.

I have been working with LM5 solutions for a long time and I am more than pleased with their functionality. However, before purchasing 5500NAC, I would like to clarify the possibilities of working with c-bus thermostats. For example, when working with 5070THB devices, PACA controllers had problems associated with obtaining a setpoint fan speed.

Has anyone checked the full two-way communication between the 5500NAC and the Thermostat? Is there documentation on this functionality?

m.sorokin, Feb 8, 2019
  2. m.sorokin

Ashley

As far as I have been able to ascertain the 5500NAC/SHAC does not support the aircon application which is used by the 5070THB devices, so there is no way to communicate with them via the 5500NAC/SHAC at the moment. No idea if support is planned, but given the thermostats were retired several years ago I wouldn't hold my breath....

Ashley, Feb 8, 2019
  3. m.sorokin

m.sorokin

It is a pity ... I had high hopes for this decision, first of all, as a gateway for switching to air conditioning systems and directing them to existing thermostats ...

m.sorokin, Feb 8, 2019
  4. m.sorokin

Ashley

Scheider are now pushing their own SE8000 series of thermostats that you can connect to the NAC/SHAC via modbus. They don't use the cbus aircon app though.

Ashley, Feb 8, 2019
  5. m.sorokin

v1nc3nt

or maybe we can use Scripting feature inside ?

CMIW

v1nc3nt, Mar 18, 2019
  6. m.sorokin

Crostek

Crostek, Mar 23, 2020
Ask a Question