5500CN2 Device Not Accessible, but found on network, help to connect to edit project file

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gdparri, Jul 21, 2019.

1. gdparri

gdparri

Hi Everyone,

Im brand new to CBUS, and needing some help please. I am trying to load up my cbus project file to make some editing to my home system, but unable to make a successful connection to my device that is plugged into network via ethernet plug at top of unit, and the cbus pink cable is connected to the base in a loop configuration cable. Im guessing, here, do i have to disconnect the pink cable from the device to connect to it?

• I have run windows command prompt, pinged the device and its there found, returning ping every time
    • I have my device assigned to a ip address that my home network is on 192.168.1.XXX
    • The Gateway address is different thou to the home network, e.g. 192.168.0.XXX
    My device is using the Control Systems IP Utility, as Online.

I load up my cbus project file into the CBUS Toolkit, but cant seem to find the device.

gdparri, Jul 21, 2019
  2. gdparri

gdparri

Any help would be appreciated

gdparri, Jan 25, 2021
  3. gdparri

gdparri

Hi again,

Some comments would be really appreciated please. Assumed this was a support forumn.

IP UTILITY DETECTS NETWORK. 192.168.1.100 10001 TCP, STATUS IS ONLINE.

CBUS TOOLKIT VERSION 1.15.7 LOADED, The above IP address and TCP 10001 is entered. When scanning Default Interface is selected, No Project is found, and "An Error has occured, Error 4012, "No network could be found, please check Default Interface that you have selected". Unsure why this error comes up, i cant get past this stage.

I have my Project File Saved, but shouldnt the device find the project file?

I would really appreciate some support with this, as im unsure if i need to purchase a new device.

In regards to the device, i have both the Pink Cbus cable connected, and a Cat6 Network cable connected, does the CBUS cable need to be disconnected with work on this?

Thanks

gdparri, Jan 26, 2021
  4. gdparri

Ashley

Not quite sure how you are connecting with toolkit, but if you have an existing project (that toolkit shows in the left column), select it first, then in the right column double click on the local network. It will open a dialog box where you can enter the CNI details. Once you have done this, click on Open All Networks and it should connect.

Ashley, Jan 26, 2021
    gdparri likes this.
  5. gdparri

gdparri

Hi Ashley,
    Thanks for your reply, finally had someone reach out to help, Thank you.

After all this time, i thought id try some different settings, i simply changed the TCP from 10001 to 10002, and everything came up. I wish that was noted somewhere in the instructions and guides or someone simply shouted out to let me know.

Im happy its working now. Now i need to learn how to tweak the settings.

1.trying to change the CBUS lighting Motion Sensors and
    2.change the Time that is 15mins ahead, cant find anything about that yet...

Any suggestions please. and thanks again

gdparri, Jan 26, 2021
  6. gdparri

Ashley

There is nothing magic about 10001 or 10002, They are just port numbers. You can use any number you like providing toolkit and the cni use the same number. I imaging somewhere in the past your toolkit was changed to 10002. You can check this out by following the instructions above.

What problem are you having?

Not sure what you mean by 15mins ahead. Is this the sensor timeout? To change that edit the sensor and click on the 3 vertical dots to the right of the group address. It will open a dialog where you can change the timeout.

Ashley, Jan 26, 2021
  7. gdparri

gdparri

Hi Ashley
    Cheers, yeah there is nothing magical i agree, I've had someone come out in the past to check, they couldn't get it going, wondering why they didn't figure out changing the port.

My sensors are turning on to easily, and stay in too long, is the timeout the setting for reducing this?

The date is correct, but the time is 15mins ahead, and can't find where to change the time.

Cheers

gdparri, Jan 26, 2021
  8. gdparri

Ashley

Yes, change the timeout in the sensor as above.

One of the Cbus devices will be the time master. It will be a probably be a Touch Screen, Wiser or SHAC. Other devices can keep the time but will not be very accurate. Cbus will pick the best one, and if one has internet access it will choose that one. You can change the time from any of these devices or a DLT/EDLT switch. All other devices will adjust their time accordingly.

Ashley, Jan 27, 2021
    gdparri likes this.
  9. gdparri

chromus

Is it possible that the CNI is already in use?

Wiser1 for example ties up its own CNI and can't be leveraged externally unless the Wiser unit is turned off.

Do you have OpenHAB or any other kind of interface that could be tying up the CNI? Have you tried rebooting the CNI and connecting immediately to it?

chromus, Jan 27, 2021
  10. gdparri

gdparri

Thank you again Ashley

I've tried holding top and bottom keys, I've tried holding top two buttons, nothing happens. These are the EDLT Panel's with colored screens.

Ok for the network clock, how do i find the network item? Would it be a specific type?

Would you know of a good manual, i can only find the older training manuals online back from 2007.

Thank you again, your a life saver.

gdparri, Jan 27, 2021
  11. gdparri

gdparri

Hi,
    I dont have a OpenHAB, at least that i am aware of. I am accessing my home cbus network only via the CBUS Tool Kit Version 1.15.7.

I am updating items in the unots on Network (Below), then transferring to Database. Stupid question, but when transferring to Database, that is simply copying it to where, to the CNI Interface Memory? Or to somewhere else?

1.Change home network units below
    2.Tranfer updates to database.
    3.Save Project as a CBZ file ( Is this the database file that i trnasfer to? )

gdparri, Jan 27, 2021
  12. gdparri

chromus

It copies each units program to each unit.

chromus, Jan 28, 2021
  13. gdparri

gdparri

I cant find any device to change the time anywhere. Which type of device could it be set within?

Also cant find how to reduce the Motion Sensor devices to turn off or be less sensitive.

gdparri, Jan 30, 2021
  14. gdparri

Ashley

You change the time from an eDLT via it's tools menu. To access that menu press and hold down the bottom left button then double press the top right button.

Changing the trigger sensitivity depends on the particular sensors you have. Some have an adjustment pot on the device under the cover. If there is no adjustment (like a 5753L), then you can lower the sensitivity by increasing the time threshold on the global tab. You can also limit the sensitivity by covering up parts of the sensor. The sensor actually ship with an adjustable mask but installers rarely leave them on the presimes.

To change the turn off time click on the 3 vertical dots/bars beside the group address

Ashley, Jan 30, 2021
Ask a Question