5400s/2

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by joshl, Oct 16, 2008.

1. joshl

joshl

Hi
    Noticed there is software for the homesafe panel, just wondering if there is a url to download from, asked the wholesaler and the wholesaler called clipsal and they said you can download it, but I have been unscuccesful at finding it, any help would be great. Thanks

josh

joshl, Oct 16, 2008
  2. joshl

Leigh

I am confused about Clipsal's policy on this software. Here is some of the information I have obtained in the past from various sources. It would be handy if a Clipsal staff member could comment on the accuracy of this information and clarify the policy.

Ness (the manufacturers of the security panels) makes the software available to their registered installers at no cost (on a CD ??). The software is listed in the current Clipsal Trade Products Guide for $92.15 + GST.

Clipsal have listed the software in their Guide every year since 2005 but it appears to never be available to be ordered.

A cable is required (header on one end and 9 pin 'D' on the other) to connect a laptop to the panel main board. It appears that this cable is bundled with the software. A USB-RS232 converter works fine if your laptop does not have a serial port. The header is the same one used by the C-Bus module used in the 5400/16CB.

The panel must be placed in Installer Program Mode (via the keypad) before the software will function correctly.

For the software to function correctly P 90 E options 1E 6E & 7E must be active.

The main advantage I see in the software is:-
    (1) Events can be downloaded from the panel. Events are listed in the software with date and time of occurrence. Date & time of events is not available via the keypad.

(2) The complete setup for a panel can be downloaded from the panel and stored for future access by the software and viewed offline. Multiple installations can be downloaded and individually stored. This provides a handy backup and is much quicker and more accurate than recording a setup on forms.

(3) Multiple installations that are similar could be uploaded from the laptop much quicker than a keypad setup.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2008
    Leigh, Oct 19, 2008
  3. joshl

joshl

wholesaler told me that to, and the guy at clipsal even said you can download it for free but they dont sell it..so where to get it from? Ness?

joshl, Oct 19, 2008
  4. joshl

pbelectrical

Ness

The security/data rep at one of my wholesalers gave me the link to download it for free from Ness.

pbelectrical, Oct 20, 2008
  5. joshl

joshl

you still got the link?

joshl, Oct 20, 2008
  6. joshl

joshl

sorted :) thanks guys

joshl, Oct 21, 2008
  7. joshl

Leigh

Can you share the solution with the rest of us?

Leigh, Oct 21, 2008
  8. joshl

joshl

talk to your clipsal reps! thats what they are there for:)

joshl, Oct 28, 2008
Ask a Question