5104DTSI Temp sensor input spec

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Kevinbutlin, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Kevinbutlin

Kevinbutlin

Being a bit lazy asking the question on here as I am sure the information is available but I can not find it,

Q :- what is the thermistor specification for the 5104DTSI, I have a supplier for flush in wall thermistors but I need the spec for the DTSI (N or P type and resistance etc..) using the 5100 series sensors would mean making a fitting.

Kevinbutlin, Aug 6, 2016
  2. Kevinbutlin

rhamer

The 5104DTSI uses digital sensors not analog ones like your describing.

They are Dallas 1 wire devices and you can source other units, but you have to make sure they can be configured for parasitic power if my memory serves me.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Kevinbutlin

Kevinbutlin

Thanks rhamer
    had a bit of a lapse, realised they are digital after posting the question,
    Knowing they are Dallas 1 wire helps alot and the parasitic power type will make sure compatability when they are cemented into the walls

Kevinbutlin, Aug 6, 2016
  4. Kevinbutlin

m.sorokin

Recently I came across the need to use third-party sensors ... I found out that the sensors of 1 wire are at least 3 types (DS1822, DS18S20, DS18B20) . The difference in the logic of the formation of evidence. As a result, by selection, I realized that only the sensor on the basis of element DS18B20 works correctly. For connection it is necessary to use only contacts of GND (1) and DQ (2), contact Vdd (3) not used...

m.sorokin, Mar 8, 2018
    MarkB and NickD like this.
Ask a Question