5104DTSI Sensors

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Ashley W, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Ashley W

Ashley W

These sensors look good, but the info with them is a little bit scant on what oif the 3 sensor probes available you use in a given application and where and how you mount them.

So lets say you want the inside temperature of a house, what probe do you use where do you mount the probe and how?

Same too for getting outside temperature.

Any tips/advice?

Ashley W, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Ashley W

TheGuru

The 3 sensors are basically the same electrically, only difference is shape.

So to answer your question, no probe has a specific use or application.
    Mount them wherever you want them, however you like.

TheGuru, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Ashley W

Ashley W

Thanks for the reply, I knew they were electrically the same, but would have though certain ones would have been better in certain applications.

As for mounting, what would you do in the two applications I gave? Just drill a hole through the gyproc and stick it through or behind a plate, that's the bit I don't follow with them. How to mount and make aesthetically pleasing.

Ashley W, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Ashley W

Ambro

I too would like to hear some feedback - I'm currently in the process of wanting to hide some temp sensors in Saturn switches and would appreciate if anyone can give some pointers as I'm sure I'm not the first to do this.

Ambro, Jul 21, 2015
  5. Ashley W

Damaxx

+1 for some advice also. In the last house I was in I used the standard wall plate temp sensors. Was ok because the rest of the house was 2000 series also but the new place I have installed slimline throughout so I think the new probes will be the best option and better value for money by the look of it.

I do like being able to set the temps for inside and out on the standby screen of my eDLT's. Really shows off how good they are.

Damaxx, Jul 22, 2015
Ask a Question