5104BCL Bus Coupler - How to display status and create notification?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by poldim, Oct 13, 2015.

1. poldim

poldim

I've wired a magnetic reed switch from my garage door to the bus coupler and verified that the LED on the coupler turns on when the door is closed. I'd like to add a widget to wiser that shows that the door is open. Ideally I can make it stand out some how such as blinking or something else. Finally, I'd like to send an email if the door remains open for longer than a certain time, say 10 minutes.

Are these possible without extensive knowledge of scripting? And if not, where can I get started on learning how to make something like this?

poldim, Oct 13, 2015
  2. poldim

Ashley

You can use a lighting status widget to show the state of the door. Just select the Door icon.

To make it flash you could write a bit of logic to turn a lighting status widget on and off at say 1 second intervals.

To send e-mails you need to use logic. The logic is simple, the tricky part is configuring the e-mail client.

If you need help with the logic, just holler :)

Ashley, Oct 13, 2015
  3. poldim

poldim

Thanks. Got the door widget working, see attached screen cap. Is there an easy way to change the state if display so that the door icon is dim when the door is closed and the bus coupler see's a closed input?

As for the logic, I tried to use the wizard and got this far: (GetLightingLevel("Garage_BUS_CUP_01, Garage Door") = 0%)

How would I make a compound if statement with one of them being a timer?

Any examples of email logic around? I would need to apply a similar compound if to incorporate the timer feature.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2015
    poldim, Oct 15, 2015
Ask a Question