5070thp to replace Fujitsu A/C wall control??

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Burton Electrical, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Burton Electrical

Burton Electrical

Hi there,
    Have been reading some previous threads on this topic and suspect i know what the answer to my questions is going to be but here goes anyway as i would love to find a solution.

I have a fujitsu ART45LUAK existing ducted a/c reverse cycle which has a fairly bland existing wall control. (not backlit, basic and ugly). The job has c-bus saturn wall switches so would love to replace the fuji control with the 5070THP and get it to replicate exactly (or as close to as poss.) what the current control does. (ie: Temp control, zone control, heat/cool/vent control and fan control) the scheduling would be a nice bonus i guess.

After reading previous stuff i gather this is not easily done, the fuji being an inverter type a/c and the existing wall control being "matched" as such and using whatever comms / fuji in house control (It has three wires red, black and white and a ground connection) and Not being an older traditional RWG type set-up.

The zone control would appear easily done via a seperate c-bus volt free relay but the interfacing to HVAC side of things to control the fuji as above is where i was hoping someone could advise of a possible solution?

Why does it have to be so difficult? and why are A/C companies not building their products to be more integrated these days??

Thanks for any feedback, would be appreciated

Cheers
    Matt

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
    Burton Electrical, Nov 2, 2016
  2. Burton Electrical

Conformist

Hi Matt

I have the same unit in my house. Some years ago, I reverse engineered the protocol and managed to get c-bus to listen to the comms on the keypad bus. I also worked out how to send commands to the unit from c-bus too but never got to actually get the unit to respond. I moved onto other projects and never finished it. It's pretty easy to switch the main unit on and off and as you say, to control the zones.

If you want to have a chat about it, feel free to give me a call (assuming you still have my number)

Cheers

Chris

Conformist, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Burton Electrical

NickD Moderator

I have a Panasonic ducted inverter unit.

When I first put it in I wanted to do the same, but it was not trivial as you suggest.

The best I could do was to get an add on card for the system that allowed a dry contact to turn the unit on and off. The zone dampers are run off C-Bus relays.

Having lived with it for a few years now, I change the temperature approximately twice per year... at the start of summer I set it to cool to 24C and at the start of winter I set it to heat to 17C. Occcasionally winter comes again after the start of summer and I find I need to make it heat again.

The on/off control and the zone damper control is all I need.. It would still be nice to have more control, but it hardly seems worth the effort/expense.

Nick

PS : The C-Bus Thermostats are now obsolete.

NickD, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Burton Electrical

rhamer

When did that happen?

Is there any replacement?

Rohan

rhamer, Nov 3, 2016
  5. Burton Electrical

DarylMc

DarylMc, Nov 3, 2016
  6. Burton Electrical

NickD Moderator

Some time in the last 12 months I think.

As for a replacement... what functionality are you looking for?

Nick

NickD, Nov 3, 2016
  7. Burton Electrical

Burton Electrical

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your responses appreciate the feedback.

Check out this link: http://www.minisplitcontroladapters.com/wiring-diagram-for-uta216-and-auxilary-relay-modules/

Do you think using these adaptors in conjunction with the 5070THP would work ok?

I have checked out the interfaces that fujitsu offered for my relevant model and very limited to say the least, about all they have is an on/off external wiring adaptor option, a slave remote option or simple remote option.

The above adaptors and 5070THP probably seems extreme to just gain some vanity (ie: a nicer wall control!) that would replicate same thing pretty much! But its almost worth it just to have a nicer looking control on the wall that i can see at night time!

Nick i know you mentioned the 5070THP will be obsolete soon but i can get my hands on one still.

Burton Electrical, Nov 4, 2016
Ask a Question