5035TX and Multi Sensor

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Thomas, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Thomas

Thomas

I am not too clear about whether the 5035TX remote should work with the Multi Sensor. In the past it did not, but I seem to recall something that the firmware in the Multi is similar to the Neo??
    Anyway, your advice will be appreciated.

At the same time, is there not a compatibility schedule for the various remotes vs which units they work with?

Thanks
    Thomas

Thomas, Sep 6, 2006
  2. Thomas

wanricky

wanricky, Sep 6, 2006
  3. Thomas

NickD Moderator

Hmmm...

Firstly, that chart is a little out of date/misleading..

1) New Neo (firmware 1.6.00 or greater) supports the NEC codes from the 5035TX.
    2) The 5084TX really should say A/B (it only has 4 keys, and the small switch on the back selects whether it's bank A or B).

Secondly.. I should clarify that while the Multisensor is *similar* to Neo in some ways, it is actually it's own separate core, and so you can't just assume that they are always the same.. in this case, the newer Neos support NEC codes, whereas the Multisensor does not.

Nick

PS : the old switches and Multisensor are covered by the "Standard C-Bus" column.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2006
    NickD, Sep 7, 2006
  4. Thomas

Thomas

Thanks Wanricky and Nick.
    I am aware of the fact that the newer Neos can be controlled with that remote, and was hoping that the Multi would allow this too, as the other remotes are a tad bulky.
    Maybe the Multi will be a bit more multi-disciplined in the future?;)

Thomas, Sep 7, 2006
Ask a Question