5034nirt

Discussion in 'Infrared (NIRT, IR Reader) and CIRCA' started by AllControl, Sep 9, 2004.

1. AllControl

AllControl

Please, could anybody help us? A customer asked us for the control of a home theater and DVD. The equipment is installed in the living room and he wants to control it from the suite. We think it is possible to use CIRCA in order to read the IR Codes and then, using a remote control, a 5034NIRT and an Infra-Red Receivers, 2000 Series, 4 Channel key. Our doubt is how many key are necessary for having all the controls? It would be better to use a C-Touch? :confused:

AllControl, Sep 9, 2004
  2. AllControl

Newman

If I'm understanding you correctly you want to use a 5034NIRT to control all the AV gear and use a standard C-Bus remote control and a 5031 series C-Bus IR Receiver?

Cheapest, least functionality:
    If so, the IR Receiver will only allow you to control 4 functions from the C-Bus remote control, as the IR Receiver can only control 4 group addresses.

Bit more money, bit more functionality:
    If you use a Neo key input as the IR Receiver then you can control 8 Group addresses as well as control Scenes.

Most money, full functionality:
    If you use a C-Touch to control the AV gear you can do every function that is available. Also good is that the C-Touch can respond to any IR Remote control that uses NEC codes, so you are not bound to use just C-Bus remote controls.

Newman, Sep 10, 2004
  3. AllControl

AllControl

Thanks

Just what we were thinking....

We are planning to use Serie 2000 because it has conventional keys also. Perhaps... we could use Neo only in the suite, many thanks for your help.

AllControl, Sep 10, 2004
  4. AllControl

AllControl

Could you explain better this point, please?

AllControl, Sep 10, 2004
  5. AllControl

Richo

The C-Touch is capable of receiving and any IR command that is in the NEC format. The C-Bus 5035TX IR remote uses the NEC protocol, it's probably safe to assume that NEC products use it as well. Other manufactures may use it as well.

There is a process in the C-Touch software to "learn" the IR command and attach to a button, but I don't recall it and don't have the software handy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2004
    Richo, Sep 11, 2004
  6. AllControl

Newman

Gents

Actually it is only the C-Bus 5035TX remote that uses the NEC protocol, the 5034TX, 5034TX12 and 5038TX IR Remotes all use a proprietary IR protocol.

Newman, Sep 13, 2004
  7. AllControl

Richo

Thanks, I edited my original post to add this info. Sorry for any inconvenience I caused anyone. :(

Richo, Sep 13, 2004
Ask a Question