5034 Switches - Cleaning/Repair/Facia change

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Skymaster, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Skymaster

Skymaster

Hi all,

I've recently been given a bunch of second hand C-Bus hardware from a colleague who was changing stuff at his house.
    In the bulk lot, there are a bunch of 5034N switches (some with IR).

A couple of them seem to not respond on one or two of the buttons, sometimes requiring a bit of extra force to get the group to activate. My guess is the microswitch is starting to play up. Is there an easy way to replace or repair these?
    If replacement is possible - does anyone happen to know the part number?

On a side note, I would also like to clean the buttons and replace plate. I much prefer the 'Clipsal Classic 2000' switch series over the standard 2000 series. I notice that the C2034VHWE 4 gang surround fits the CBus modules perfectly if I unscrew them, with the exception of the IR modules. I don't have any plans to use the IR functionality- is anyone intimate enough with the circuit to know if unsoldering the IR receiver to say whether there would be a detrimental effect?

Cheers
    Michael

Skymaster, Aug 31, 2020
Ask a Question