5031PE and old CI commands

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by more-solutions, Apr 13, 2022.

1. more-solutions

more-solutions

I have an installation which still uses the Clipsal C-Lution (Citect) drivers, ie the old CI C-Gate commands.

It reads the values from several light level sensors using the Citect addressing LL<unit no> which maps to CI x GET 12 <net> <unit>.

However, one of the old light level sensors has failed and been replaced. Both show themselves as 5031PE in TK (the old ones firmware 1.00, new one is 2.4.00

Whereas the CI command used to return the light level, it now returns -1 ("unit does not exist or is not a light level sensor").

Is this a bug?

more-solutions, Apr 13, 2022
  2. more-solutions

Wonkey

Best suggestion is to contact SE tech support in Adelaide and request escalation to level 3, I doubt there is any body left in level 2 that would know C-Lution. Be prepared to be disappointed.
    From the depths of my memory the V1 PE cells were polled for their light level where the V2 broadcast the value at a predefined interval.

Wonkey, Apr 14, 2022
    more-solutions likes this.
  3. more-solutions

more-solutions

Don't worry, well prepared already!

It's been a while since the original application was developed but I'm pretty sure the LL addressing was used precisely because the old sensors couldn't just broadcast a level to a group address. The newer ones can so I guess we'll just have to change the code accordingly as each one fails.

One quirk is that we get a much wider range of lux levels via LL as it's not constrained to a single byte, so can go over 3000 whereas new ones are limited to 2550. Since we have multiple sensors and take an average this has some Implications for us but we'll find a workaround.

Regarding the "predefined interval" for the broadcast: one thing we had to do on the old sensors was to periodically send a PSYNC to get updated readings via the Ci commands. Any info on what controls the update frequency of the broadcasted GA would be really useful here.

more-solutions, Apr 14, 2022
  4. more-solutions

Wonkey

Look on the GUI broadcast group and the Hamburger menu next to it

Wonkey, Apr 14, 2022
  5. more-solutions

more-solutions

Doh! For some reason I took predefined to mean hard coded somewhere and didn't think to check the GUI for the obvious setting!

Sorry for the dumb question!

more-solutions, Apr 14, 2022
Ask a Question