5000SM/2 Sim Module in UK

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by IanCun, Apr 20, 2015.

1. IanCun

IanCun

I'm looking for a 5000SM/2 Sim Module for a project I'm working on, but I can't see them available in the UK anywhere. Is anyone aware of a retailer that sells them in the UK (or Europe), as it would be a huge help to get me started developing hardware :).

IanCun, Apr 20, 2015
  2. IanCun

Dils

laser use to do them for comfort C-Bus Module, now its changed to C-Bus2 not sure if that will work for you its ST7

I have a 5000SM/2 which I removed from my comfort alarm system, when i upgraded to ST7 module.

Dils, Apr 20, 2015
  3. IanCun

IanCun

IanCun, Apr 20, 2015
  4. IanCun

Dils

Sorry for confusion

The link you posted is ST7 I not sure who its made by, but in my Comfort alarm system I upgraded from 5000SM/2 to ST7, when Cytech Comfort upgraded their C-Bus plugin to v2. It maybe Cytech made their own version, for use with comfort.

Before Cytech released ST7 laser use to sell 5000SM/2 which i previously bought and still use with raspberry pi.

Only reason I have a spare is due to upgrade.

Dils, Apr 20, 2015
  5. IanCun

rhamer

The module you are after is the 5000SM/2, commonly known as a C-Bus SIM.

You want the generic one, and not one recovered from another piece of equipment by choice, as they are branded for each OEM manufacturer and appear in Toolkit as different devices. They also may or may not have the same feature set as the generic one (I can't be sure but I wouldn't be surprised).

As a general rule you can't use them with Toolkit to program as it would then directly compete with the standard PCI/CNI etc.

Unfortunately I don't know of any outlet in the UK, but I'd be surprised if someone on this board couldn't help you out.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Apr 20, 2015
  6. IanCun

Dils

Yes thats right, i just checked in Toolkit the 5000SM/2 shows up as INT_CMFT - Comfort Intelligent Home/Office System.

But its working fine for me for Toolkit access, I have it connected to Pi with C-Gate running on Pi so im happy :)

Dils, Apr 21, 2015
  7. IanCun

IanCun

Thanks for the help folks, I may be in luck with sourcing a 5000SM/2 this week - I'll update this post if it doesn't work out :)

IanCun, Apr 21, 2015
  8. IanCun

KevinH

UK C-Bus Sims

Sent you a PM Ian ... I can help...

KevinH, May 12, 2015
Ask a Question