5000CTC Parts

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Capt'n Fixit, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Capt'n Fixit

Capt'n Fixit

hi guys for the past 6 years I have a 5000ctc in my home in Ireland, for a while now I have noticed webcams were very intermittent and recently I have been trying to change the programming via piced and cannot find the unit on the network. When I removed the unit from the wall I noticed neither of the network connection lights were on on the RG45 socket. Further investigation proved that 1 the LAN system was ok and 2 the rg45 socket has 2 pins collapsed internally.
    I then tried to connect to the front RG45 but still not able to connect my question is firstly can I buy the onboard RG45 socket to repair the unit and secondly should I be able to connect normally through the front socket. Any help would be well appreciated. Regards Lyndon :eek:

Capt'n Fixit, Nov 9, 2010
  2. Capt'n Fixit

tobex

If you can identify the component then you will be able to source it from;

* Newark (element14 is the new name)

* Digikey

* RS Components

* Farnell (owned by Newark)

RJ45 sockets tend to have a very common footprint. The only variation is the mounting holes for attachment. The solder pins are usually the same distance apart.

tobex, Nov 9, 2010
  3. Capt'n Fixit

Nik

Have you tried direct connecting with cross over cable to the front port?

Cheers,
    Nik

Nik, Nov 9, 2010
Ask a Question