5000CTC configuration problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by m.sorokin, Nov 19, 2013.

1. m.sorokin

m.sorokin

problem with a color touch screen. On the two devices after a few days of the configuration is removed and the device switches to the original state, and writes on the screen that the configuration has not been loaded.

[​IMG]

I believe that the problem with the memory card. Is it possible to transfer an image memory card to another but larger, because 256 mb is not on sale?

m.sorokin, Nov 19, 2013
  2. m.sorokin

ashleigh Moderator

The process in general terms is:

If you have a CF card reader you can make a duplicate of the card, and copy to a new card.

HOWEVER the new card MUST BE FORMATTED USING NTFS, and this is non-trivial to do.

Once you have the new card formatted as NTFS, copy the entire contents of the old card to the new, including all hidden and system files. You should then apply compression selectively though this is not mandatory.

If any of these steps worry you or don't work, then further support won't be possible (I have none of the relevant equipment here, and all of the above voids your warranty so Clipsal won't support you on any of this process either).

If you are careful you won't damage the existing card.

The error you see, though, is NOT going to be resolved just by copying the existing to a new card. If you can get an existing card from another, working screen, then you should be in business.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013
    ashleigh, Nov 20, 2013
  3. m.sorokin

jboer

Also make sure your replacement CF card is capable of fixed disk mode...

jboer, Nov 20, 2013
  4. m.sorokin

m.sorokin

Thank you! I figured that something like this problem is solved, but I think it is better not just by copying and removing the image from the existing record and the new card. I only fear if it will work with memory cards larger.

By the way can be prompt and that's the problem:http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11515

m.sorokin, Nov 25, 2013
Ask a Question