5000Ct touch screen issues

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Green Light, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Green Light

Green Light

Hi guys I have a job that I recently picked up at a house that has a few of the Mark 1 black and white touch screens.
    One of the touch sceens appears as though the digitizer is delaminating from the LCD it looks like a big bubble behind 30% of the screen and touching this area is unresponsive.
    I sourced a N.O.S Mark 1 touch screen but I am apprehensive to use it due to the age of the device.
    I was not the original programmer of this job.
    My questions are:

Can i back up and reprogram the unit without having the original project files?

Is the programming of a Mark 1 5000CT compatible with the Mark 2 5000CT?

Thanks all help is appreciated

Green Light, Apr 11, 2012
  2. Green Light

Newman

The project can be sucked up out of a Mk I touchscreen, although it will need some careful checking. The project files are compiled prior to downloading to the touchscreen and un-compiling the project is a difficult thing for PICED to do and not all the information can be re-constructed. There's certainly no harm in giving this a go though as you can simulate the retrieved project within PICED to confirm that it still does what it is supposed to.

The programming between Mk I and II B&W touchscreens is compatible. PICED will allow you to convert the project from the Mk I to the Mk II. Mechanically, however, the Mk II is not a drop-in replacement as it is larger and uses a simpler mounting arrangement.

A third possible option would be to scrounge a dead Mk1 touchscreen and replace the screen on the installed unit.

Newman, Apr 11, 2012
Ask a Question