5000CT just went flop ....

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by tobex, Mar 7, 2014.

1. tobex

tobex

I wanted to install my old 5000CT and make it operational again. However, it went belly up half way through firmware updating to version 3.80 on COM2 and now has a "running" screen. Does not talk to COM2 (38400, 8N1, no UART buffer) and is now invisible in the network scan.

Prior to this event it was addressable. A second 5000CT updated perfectly and loaded the project, so I know that it isn't the computer (Windows XP 32bit with serial port and WiFi). My CBUS network has a CNI.

Does Clipsal fix the 5000CT ? What should I do ?

tobex, Mar 7, 2014
  2. tobex

tobex

Does anyone have a spare 5000CT ?

tobex, Mar 7, 2014
  3. tobex

Ashley

My 5000CT died last year while attempting to upgrade the firmware and it turned out to be a sick CF card. Clipsal kindly provided me with a new CF card. You could try swapping the cards between the two units you have and see if the problem swaps devices. If it does you can actually clone the CF card with tools available on-line. I now keep a backup of my CF card.

Ashley, Mar 7, 2014
  4. tobex

tobex

Thanks ....

My unit doesnt have a CF card. It is the original B&W touch screen. I have to wonder if the issue relates to number of upload attempts ... as some of the original offerings were constrained.

tobex, Mar 8, 2014
Ask a Question