5000CT how to make it go totally blank on timeout

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by tobex, Oct 31, 2010.

1. tobex

tobex

I have seen an installation of a BW C-Touch and the screen when it is resting is totally blank and no backlight.

Is there a method for this ?

tobex, Oct 31, 2010
  2. tobex

NickD Moderator

Set the timeout page to a blank page with a single full--page button that links to another page.

For the backlight, you can tweak the backlight response curves so they go right down to off... I know you can do this on the 5000CT2... not sure if it works on the old 5000CT.

Nick

NickD, Oct 31, 2010
  3. tobex

tobex

Thanks, I was thinking this might be an idea. I will tweak the settings on the backlight as they are sitting on 1% at the moment and see what happens on 0%. Got most of the coding changes done. Not sure how to send the timeout on page 1 to page "blank" - EDIT - It was in project details ! :)

What is the deal with 100X flashing ? Do I send it for repairs after that ?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2010
    tobex, Oct 31, 2010
  4. tobex

Darren Senior Member

An alternative is to have the time-out page be all black, then 1% of backlight will be barely noticeable.

The very, very old C-Touch units could only be reprogrammed 100 times. You should really be testing projects before downloading, so it would be very unusual to do more than a dozen or so downloads over the life of a C-Touch.

The newer C-Touch units have a 1000 rewrite cycle. See help file for additional details.

The C-Touch can not be easily repaired if it wears out, but we actually have never seen a unit that has worn out.

Darren, Nov 1, 2010
  5. tobex

tobex

Mine are made in the middle of 2005 so I must assume it is the newer variant. However I am making some learning steps myself and that may bang up the rewrite count.

tobex, Nov 1, 2010
Ask a Question