360 sensor issues

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Nobes, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Nobes

Nobes

Hi Guys,

Had an electrician complaining the other day to a Clipsal rep that they couldn't get some C-Bus 360deg sensors to work correctly on two different jobs. He has another contractor do the C-Bus programming, and apparently the sensors can't be set correctly so that the light only comes on when it is getting dark. It's either too dark or completely light. One sensor is in a garage and another two in hallways.
    Being helpful, I said to the rep that I would go to site and just check the programming of one of the sensor. They appeared to be programmed correctly.

I didn't hang around till dark as it wasn't my job and I'm not getting paid to do it.

Anyone else running into 'sensitivity' problems with these sensors?

Nobes, Apr 10, 2013
  2. Nobes

Matthew

that pesky little pot

Hi Nobes
    What can seem like a sensitivity issue can actually be the physical pot on the sensor being on an incorrect setting. I know from pulling my own hair out on this issue!
    From memory it is the light level pot ? (i've had a scratch around here, can't find a copy of installation instructions and confirm) is not around far enough. So it does not "re-trigger" and so the light will come on from the initial movement, but not re-trigger with subsequent movements, consequently the light goes out when you are in the space. Totally dosen't make sense, i reprogrammed that sensor a dozen times over the years of it annoying me, then when I got up to replace it and adjusted the pot, it worked!.

So short answer check the physical pot's on the unit.

Regards

Matthew, Apr 12, 2013
  3. Nobes

Newman

If you suspect this is the issue, and you have the Multisensor version, then you can disable the POTs from within Toolkit. The unit then uses the default settings.

The lowest light sensitivity for the Multisensor is achieved by setting the Target light level to 20 lux and setting the Margin parameter to it's minimum, which gives a 10 lux margin (regardless of what the UI says).

Newman, Apr 12, 2013
  4. Nobes

Nobes

Thanks Guys,

I'll let the guy know.
    If he wants me to look at it further, I'll let you know the outcome.

Nobes, Apr 15, 2013
Ask a Question