30 Mech Illumination

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by zei20t, Jun 19, 2013.

1. zei20t

zei20t

Hey guys,

First post, but long time reader. I'm new to cbus and having trouble getting the 30 Mech switches to illuminate the way I want.

When the group assigned is 'off' I would like the illumination to be dull, maybe 5%, and blue.

When the group is 'on' (its a dimmer) I would like the illumination to be 100% and also blue (to match the DLTs I have around the house.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

zei20t, Jun 19, 2013
  2. zei20t

Matthew

Hi
    Certainly do-able, but not done it myself for a while. You need to play with the indicator settings on one tab of the key input programming GUI.
    To have blue, you either need a Neo/Saturn/reflection/DLT type or a Slimline originally ordered in blue (different part number to std) otherwise the standard is orange.
    Another thought is you will struggle to see 5% blue, as blue takes a lot more to light up, it is not as easily saturated like red. You may have the programming right but just physically can't see blue at 5%, try 50% (it won't work on a linear scale).

Hope that helps

Matthew, Jul 9, 2013
  3. zei20t

zei20t

thanks for your reply, matthew.

I ended up using the same group for DLT illumination and getting the led to light up for 15 seconds when the button is pressed. not a big deal, you can see when the lights are on, because the lights in the room will be on. so I guess having the switch tell you also is probably a bit silly and redundant

zei20t, Jul 9, 2013
  4. zei20t

Ashley W

To clarify the OP was talking specifically about the 30 series C-bus mechanisms, which are dual colour, blue and orange, so no need for a Neo/Saturn etc.

Ashley W, Jul 9, 2013
  5. zei20t

zei20t

yeah I was, and yeah they are dual colour. but the orange doesn't match the DLT LEDs.

managed to find a clear bump-on to stick behind the Saturn button to hit the cbus button too.

zei20t, Jul 9, 2013
  6. zei20t

Matthew

What are you using?

Yeah I missed that, "C-Bus 30 Mechanism's" are newer that my general install days.
    A bit off the OP subject, but what are you guys using for installs these days?
    Do you by the traditional plates? (5032NL etc)
    or by the mech series and whatever plate style you need?

Cheers

Matthew, Jul 10, 2013
  7. zei20t

paulw11

When I built my house a year ago I went with the 30 mechs for a few reasons -
    • They are cost effective
    • I could use slimline plates to match the rest of the power points/data points and antenna points
    • They can be labelled
    • most importantly - they offer a neat solution where you need 3or 5 keys as the standard units are 1,2 or 4

paulw11, Jul 16, 2013
  8. zei20t

zei20t

I have them because they fit in a Saturn architrave switch where I cant fit a DLT on the wall.

zei20t, Jul 16, 2013
Ask a Question