3 Phase power usage meter

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by Brad Collinder, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Brad Collinder

Brad Collinder

I don't know if this has been covered in other threads (I couldn't find it).
    Domestic site, owner has 4 channel aux Input unit 3 kilowatt meters din mounted ( with a set of static outputs on each meter). I am hoping I can use the static outputs of one meter as an input on the aux unit for phase number 1, use the static outputs the second meter as an input on the aux unit for phase number 2, use the static outputs the third meter as an input on the aux unit for phase number 3.
    All things being equal, collect the usage on all three meters, collect a total and display on screen via Piced. This will show total usage at the site.

Question: how do I tell wiser that it is 3 phase supply I am monitoring, and not 3 circuits of power. Do I add the 3 and divide by 3 for an average? Surely not.

All advice welcomed.

Regards
    Brad:)

Brad Collinder, Oct 24, 2011
  2. Brad Collinder

Darren Senior Member

What is a "static output" ?

The two situations should be the same. Why would they need to be treated differently?

Darren, Oct 24, 2011
  3. Brad Collinder

Brad Collinder

I am wanting to use an Orbis product CONTAX 6521 SO which has a set of pulse outputs. Similar to the EN40P except the terminals are larger and will allow for 16mm cable to be terminated. I want to use 3 of these, red, white, and blue phase, to show a total usage and cost in a domestic property with 3 phase supply. I understand that the costs shown are not exact indicators but I wish to be fairly accurate. So mu understanding is that for example if the rate was 21 cents per kilowatt used, then in Piced I would have to change the tarrif to 7 cents per kilowatt for red, 7 cents per kilowatt for white, and 7 cents per kilowatt for blue, so that when a total is calculated it will sum all kilowatts and will add up to 21 cents per kilowatt.

Am I right in this thinking?????:confused:

Brad Collinder, Oct 25, 2011
  4. Brad Collinder

Darren Senior Member

Set the tariff to 21c per kW. Each meter will be measuring real power which can be simply added to get the total power and cost. There is nothing tricky which needs to be done.

Darren, Oct 25, 2011
  5. Brad Collinder

Brad Collinder

Hi Darren
    Thanks for the confirmation, still working on the finer deatils of the install.
    Best regards
    Brad

Brad Collinder, Oct 30, 2011
Ask a Question