2 Switches - Same Result - Problem...

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wireless Hardware' started by pete-init, Aug 18, 2008.

1. pete-init

pete-init

Hi,

I have 2 different switches (4 Button Wireless Saturn) and I have Button4 controlling the same scene on each switch. What I ideally want is that if button 4 is pressed on 1 of the switches then it should light up on the other switch therefore allowing an easy switch off from switch 2 if you have switched the scene on from switch 1 - hope you know what I mean.

Hope you can help.

Thanks
    Pete

pete-init, Aug 18, 2008
  2. pete-init

tobex

So your question is ..... how to make all 4 gang switches light up on button 4 if button 4 is used for the same scene.

I thought that was a normal function. Make sure you have set a status for the LED.

tobex, Aug 18, 2008
  3. pete-init

pete-init

Hi Tobex,

Yes, that's exactly what I'm looking to achieve - can you tell me what you mean by "set a status for the LED." though?

Cheers,
    Pete

pete-init, Aug 18, 2008
  4. pete-init

Newman

Have you got the same Trigger Group and Action Selector assigned to the Scene Toggle keys on each unit?

Newman, Aug 19, 2008
  5. pete-init

znelbok

It sounds like you want to turn a scene on from a button and then turn it off from the same button - something you cant do.

Scenes set a group of groups to a preset level. To turn them off you either need another scene or turn them off individually.

Basically all that you will get is the LED telling you that that scene is "active", you can't turn it off though from the same button (on either switch)

Mick

znelbok, Aug 19, 2008
  6. pete-init

ashleigh Moderator

Actually in cbus wireles you can put a scene toggle on a single button.

This will allow the scene to be turned on and off from the SAME BUTTON on a single unit.

Getting a toggle to work across several buttons on different units is something I'll have to think about a bit more. It might work, I'm not 100% sure (its a long time since I looked at this). The best chance you stand is to:

- make sure both buttons are set for Scene Toggle function

- make sure both are set with the same Trigger Group and Action Selector

- make sure the scene is in ONE of the two units only, on that unit you set up to use that scene, on the other unit you set for Remote Scene Trigger.

Hmmm.... I think this is the stumbling block. From a remote unit you can inly trigger a scene, you can't do a modifier operation like fade a scene up, down, turn it off. This also applies to toggles.

To do a scene toggle from the unit without the scenes in it, I don't think you can. So if that's what you want to achieve you probably need to have 2 scenes: one to turn the lighting groups on, and another to turn them off.

ashleigh, Aug 19, 2008
  7. pete-init

Newman

Thinking about this some more...

Suggest you store the scene in both switches, set up the corresponding key on the switches as Scene Toggle and make sure that both scene keys are using the same Trigger Group + Action Selector.

This might work for small scenes. For bigger scenes problems might arise because of lots of data trying to be sent at the same time.

I'd be interested to hear how you go.

Newman, Aug 19, 2008
  8. pete-init

pete-init

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses.

I now have the scene triggering using "Remote Scene Trigger" - I created the scene in one Saturn and set up the other Saturns as Remote Scene Triggers which works great however it only switches the scene ON - it will not toggle off. Of course it will toggle on/off on the Saturn where the scene is held as it is config'd as Scene Toggle.

Is there anyway for the other switches to turn off the scene also (toggle)?

All the best,

Pete

pete-init, Aug 29, 2008
Ask a Question