2 Networks Lighting--Application ID

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by yi0rgos, Jul 7, 2011.

1. yi0rgos

yi0rgos

Hi Guys,

I am new to the world of C-Bus, hence I don't know a lot of things...

Please if somebody can help me with couple of programming issues that I am facing....

Currently, I was able to link to 2 networks together via a 5500NB, and everything looks fine (topology, scanning, etc.); from what I understand, in order not to have 2 groups turning on or off at the same time, I will need to set up different lighting application.

1. Eventhough I do create a lighting application i.e 50, I can not get a group (load) that was created in that application to respond...

2. Why each network only sees its own input units (switches), and not also of the other network. How can I have a switch from network A to control a group (load), on network B?

3. Also via a B/W Touch still I cannot see any input units that reside on the remote network.

guys thank you in advance

yi0rgos, Jul 7, 2011
  2. yi0rgos

Darren Senior Member

The input unit and output unit both need to be using the same Group Address on the same C-Bus Application.
    You need to set up the bridge to send C-Bus messages to the other side of the bridge.
    This is probably the same as point 2.

Darren, Jul 8, 2011
  3. yi0rgos

yi0rgos

Thank you Darren,

I was able to do it with the creation of lighting application, and of course with the help of you guys and especially of 2SC...

Thank you again guys :D

yi0rgos, Jul 8, 2011
Ask a Question