2 Matrix in one network

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by nickrusanov, Jul 24, 2008.

1. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

If I want to have 12 audio zones - can I use 2 matrix switchers?
    MARPA allows to have up to 3 matrix switchers, but how do they interact?

will i be able to hear input from first on the output of 2-nd?

nickrusanov, Jul 24, 2008
  2. nickrusanov

reece m

same issue...

i was just about to start a new thread on this one...

i too need to have up to 10 zones of audio (i.e. 2 matrix switchers)
    i was thinking of just simply cascading the switchers, e.g. out of zone 8 on matrix switcher 1 and into the digital in of matrix switcher 2.
    then the problem occurs where the audio coming out of everything beyond zone 7 (i.e. zones 8,9 and 10 on matrix switcher2) is dependant on what's on zone 7 at the time.

this is just me trying to verbalise my issues, so i'm sorry if it makes little sense!! :)

if anyone knows any little trick or workaround both nick and i would love you for it i'm sure!

reece m, Jul 25, 2008
  3. nickrusanov

reece m

just a follow up, clipsal have said the way to do this is to parallel the sources with a Y splitter into each matrix switcher. this will effectively make them act as indiviual units, but with the same sources. obviously this will only work if you have up to 4 sources.

reece m, Jul 29, 2008
  4. nickrusanov

Michael

All 6 sources can be connected to both Matrix Switches. Y leads for the analogue sources, Optical In/Out, and parallel the Digital Audio connections using the 5600TEE.

Michael, Aug 12, 2008
Ask a Question