12chan Relay Module will not talk

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by tomtom, Aug 29, 2017.

1. tomtom

tomtom

Hi,

I'm having trouble with a L5512RVF 12 Channel Relay unit where I cannot see it when I scan for devices on the network, but the unit is still receiving network messages from PIRs etc and is behaving normally.

I want to change the programming but cannot see it with Toolkit.

I have used a CNI and Pascal Automation module to talk to the network, where I can see the other 60 devices, but this is one is missing. I have reduced the network to just the CNI and the faulty module, but still cannot see it when I scan for units on the network.

Voltages are no lower than 26V when its connected to the whole network, and 33V when its just the CNI and the module.

I originally thought the comms side of things was dead, but it still receives messages from the PIRs on the floor and turns its relays on and off like normal.

Is there something I'm missing here!?

Thanks,
    Tom.

tomtom, Aug 29, 2017
  2. tomtom

tomtom

Just spoke with Schneider.

One IC handles receiving commands on the network, while another IC handles sending commands to the network (e.g. talking to Toolkit).
    It is possible for one to fail and not the other as per my problem.

The unit needs to be replaced.

Tom.

tomtom, Aug 29, 2017
  3. tomtom

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hah, I've worked with C-Bus for over a decade and didn't know that could happen. Learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing the update :cool:

daniel, Aug 30, 2017
Ask a Question