12ch relay freeze

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter Woods, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Peter Woods

Peter Woods

Firstly excuse me for being very new to all this. I have a system 3 x 4 ch-dimmer modules and 2 x 12ch-relay modules L5512RVF.
    One of the 12ch relay units freezes up from time to time with nothing i can work out that is a common cause. When it freezes i need to go to the unit and hold a ch in this de-freezes it but does not put it into learn mode. Clock and burden seem to be ok and it is only this one relay unit that has problems everything else works fine. Some times the system will work for weeks without a fault then you will get the fault for days in a row then ok again for a while.

Peter Woods, Jun 1, 2011
  2. Peter Woods

Conformist

Hi Peter

How old is the relay? I'm not trying to find if it's still under warranty or anything sinister like that... just trying to establish when it was made.

Cheers

Conformist, Jun 1, 2011
  3. Peter Woods

Peter Woods

Unit is around 4 years old has had the problem all through.

Peter Woods, Jun 2, 2011
  4. Peter Woods

Newman

I assume that by "freezing up" you mean that it stops responding to C-Bus commands?

When the unit "freezes up" are either the Unit or C-Bus indicators blinking, or are they solidly illuminated?

Is the "Enable C-Bus Priority" option on the global tab turned on? This ensures that C-Bus commands will override any local button press activity. It may be that you have a sticky button on the unit and every now and then the unit thinks that one of it's buttons is being pressed, putting it into override mode.

Out of interest, if it's had this problem all the way through did you consider returning it whilst it was still under warranty?

Newman, Jun 2, 2011
  5. Peter Woods

Peter Woods

So by freezing i mean that it does not respond to commands, and can freeze with either lights jammed on or off and often the lights jammed on were not on at the time.
    As far as lights i am not totally sure but i think both are on steady no flashing.
    As far as why did'nt i return it being new to it all and still have not done that many installs i thought it was more likley to be my fault than a Cbus one but now i tend to differ.

Peter Woods, Jun 4, 2011
  6. Peter Woods

Peter Woods

Not sure about the "Enable C-Bus Priority" option i will need to check but that could be a good start foe me thanks.
    Off the same active that feeds all the relay channels and the relay, i have it feeding a time clock that switches a heating load of about 2000watts could this be causing a back feed or surge that messes with the Cbus relay have taken it off and have not had fault but it has only been two days.

Peter Woods, Jun 4, 2011
Ask a Question