12 Ch Architecture Dimmer can't detect input

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by wanricky, Apr 4, 2006.

1. wanricky

wanricky

If all three phases are present for the 12 Ch dimmer,but suddenly the dimmer can't detect it (either one phase or all three phases LED indicators are off), what would be the likely reason? There is no Error 9 and everything seems fine except missing one or more phases (and hence no output). Even if all three phases indicators are off, the dimmer is powered up so there must be mains. It happens on dimmers running for few months.

wanricky, Apr 4, 2006
  2. wanricky

Newman

Wanricky

Dimmers made in the last 12 months or so are all capable of running the control electronics from a single phase only. What that means is that it is quite possible to lose a phase or two and have the rest of the dimmer continue to operate.

When you have a phase indicator turned off are the output channels connected to the other phases still able to control their respective loads?

Newman, Apr 5, 2006
  3. wanricky

wanricky

Yes, for example, if only phase indicator 3 is off, only channel 9 - 12 has no output. other channels are ok as usual. Of course, in another case where all three indicators are off, no output works. The funny thing is that the 3-digit display still has "bUS" on it (which is "normal" indication") and from toolkit there is nothing abnormal.

If there is more information for the trigger board, maybe we can have a quick fix next time (if there is any).

wanricky, Apr 5, 2006
  4. wanricky

Newman

Wanricky

It is possible that your unit may have some kind of fault. I suggest that you contact Technical Support to talk it through.

Newman, Apr 7, 2006
  5. wanricky

zip_cool

yeah, try to find for what i'm looking.. ( even this question are very long time ago) but maybe now the have the answer, can someone help me to answer it??
    we in here also have alot of this same problem. most of this are effect to the 12 channel professonal architectural dimmer.
    mostly all our dimmer in here are old item, ( i mean old stock) and almost in every project which using architectural dimmer, one or two dimmer must be defact like this..

is there any solution now?????????????

zip_cool, Dec 18, 2008
  6. wanricky

Newman

I suggest you contact Clipsal Technical Support, or the sales staff in your country.

Newman, Dec 18, 2008
Ask a Question