118 fails to find CNI

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by theboyg, Oct 1, 2005.

1. theboyg

theboyg

I've upgraded to 118 (from 116) and I now have a problem where it fails to connect to the CNI/Network.

Error says "Failed to Identify Network Project Name"

My project is listed ok in the left hand side bar.

I've installed 118 on another scratch machine, and copied the XML config docs and it works just fine there. But I cannot get it to work here.

I've uninstalled and removed anything that says "clipsal" from the registry - nothing.

Any bright ideas ?

G.

theboyg, Oct 1, 2005
  2. theboyg

Duncan

Not much has changed from 1.1.6 to 1.1.8 with regards to CNI's and identifying projects on Networks.. is it possible that the machine that isnt working has TCP/IP issues? Is it on a network, browsing OK etc?

Duncan, Oct 1, 2005
  3. theboyg

theboyg

Pc

I can still use Comfigurator for Comfort over Ethernet - and everything else works ok (Corporate PC).

I'm assuming it does connect but the error indicates it cannot match a config to whats on the network ?

G.

theboyg, Oct 2, 2005
  4. theboyg

Duncan

The error does indicate that its connecting to the CNI OK.. so I suspect you're right that its not TCP/IP issues.

I dont have access to our ChangeLog from work but I do seem to recall that we DID change the way projects were identified on the Network to speed it up a little..

Given that you KNOW the project that you're targetting there's no real need to go thru that process.. you could just select the project in the Tree on the left.. and then hit "Open all Networks".. this shortcuts the project identification process..

When I get back to work on Tuesday (Public Holiday in Adelaide tomorrow) I'll double check what we did and post an update..

Duncan, Oct 2, 2005
  5. theboyg

theboyg

Manual

Yes, that worked. Then had to force it to load the unit information from the network too.

Shout if you need any more info.

G.

theboyg, Oct 2, 2005
  6. theboyg

theboyg

?

Anything happening to fix this issue ?

G.

theboyg, Oct 17, 2005
  7. theboyg

Duncan

Not at this point.. its logged.. just low down on the list at this point.

Duncan, Oct 17, 2005
Ask a Question