1 touch blind control with ctouch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by khelectrical, Aug 8, 2009.

1. khelectrical

khelectrical

hi all
    have been through all the threads and found a few relating to this but didnt go close to answering the question
    am using l5501rbcp shutter control relay with somfy motors and basically want to have 1 button on the touch screen and or dlt to open/stop/close the blinds.
    i have 17 seperate shutter relays and then would like to set a scene to up/stop/down em all.
    is this possible?
    a step by step run down would be great as its doing my head in
    cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    khelectrical, Aug 8, 2009
  2. khelectrical

Don

If you always want all 17 shutters to operate together, simply give them all the same tag name (group), and then you can use one key on the DLT or C-Touch to do exactly what you are after without resorting to scenes. Toolkit makes the configuration easy for the shutter relay(s) - just select the button behaviour you are after in the user interface.

If you want to have separate control from other buttons, and also control of all 17 shutters together with your special buttons, I think you could assign the same tag name to the area address of all the shutter relays ( in addition to the other programming), and then set up a special key in the DLT or C-Touch to control the area address in the same manner as above. Use of area addressing is not perfect, however, and it is difficult to guarantee that the status of the area group is represented on your DLT display correctly to tell of the shutter is completely open or closed, especially if you lose mains at the site frequently.

Use of scenes is fine, and should work with C-Touch as you want it.. though I'll leave it to others to describe the setup. It is currently not possible to have a single scene key in a DLT to achieve what you are after, as a DLT scene key can only recall one level per group, and to do what you want, there needs to be several different levels.

Don, Aug 9, 2009
  3. khelectrical

abg

You could assign a separate GA to each shutter and then create a scene with all 17 GA's assigned to 98%. This should toggle them all simultaneously to up, down or stop (the problem is that if they ever get out of sync you could have them going all over the place).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2009
    abg, Aug 10, 2009
  4. khelectrical

Ashley

Using a scene to set groups levels to 98% isn't very effective because they get out of sync quicker than you might imagine. The fact that the shutter relay does the toggling internally creates a few headaches when you want to control multiple blinds from a single switch. After trying lots of options, I now set up separate groups for each blind, and an area group for each set of blinds I want to control together. I then set up the switches for toggle on long press and recall2 of 2% (stop) for short release. That way a long press will alternate between up and down on both the single and area groups (they will stay in track because the switch does the toggle function) and a short press will stop the blind(s) at the current position. In practice it works great because the long press stops people unwittingly controlling the blinds when searching for a light switch!

Ashley, Aug 11, 2009
  5. khelectrical

khelectrical

awesome thanks guys will try these options tomoro before i bug tech support

khelectrical, Aug 13, 2009
  6. khelectrical

SeamlessAutomation

Blind Relay

Hey Kh,

I had similar issues and gave clipsal in melbourne a ring and the guys there in CIS emailed me a document they had written up, basically a cheat sheet for the relay, was great because had info in there that doesnt come with the instructions!! helped me through what i wanted to achieve.

SeamlessAutomation, Aug 14, 2009
  7. khelectrical

Aaron

Hi,

Have done something similar to control blinds from one button;

Only when you press (and hold) the button does the blind run in one direction. the next press makes it run the other way. Stop is when you let go.

HTH, Aaron

code;

once (GetLightingState("A&D BED RM BLIND BUTTON") = ON) then
    begin
    if (AD_FLAG = OFF) then
    begin
    SetLightingState("A&D BED RM BLIND OPEN", OFF);
    SetLightingState("A&D BED RM BLIND CLOSE", ON);
    AD_FLAG := ON;
    end
    else
    begin