1 light point not switching off

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mark the Sparkie, May 23, 2020.

1. Mark the Sparkie

Mark the Sparkie

Can anyone assist me please? I do not know the C Bus systems at all and at a clients home one of the light switches will not switch off. I have power cycled the unit but that proves fruitless! It is an 8 channel unit with all light outputs dimmable. I have swapped out the transmitters but the fault seems to be with the receiver. The light point is a standard pendant light with 3 x dimmabl C Bus  2 .jpg e lamps. I have no idea what else to do. Thanks in advance

Mark the Sparkie, May 23, 2020
  2. Mark the Sparkie

Conformist

Mark, where are you located?

Conformist, May 24, 2020
  3. Mark the Sparkie

Mark the Sparkie

In Cape Town South Africa

Mark the Sparkie, May 24, 2020
  4. Mark the Sparkie

Conformist

Thanks Mark

If the lights(s) are still on and there is no indicator lit up on the dimmer unit to show the channel is on, then it's likely you have a blown dimmer channel. Is the photo posted the dimmer which has control of the light?

Conformist, May 25, 2020
  5. Mark the Sparkie

Mark the Sparkie

Hi Conformist, yes that is the dimmer controlling the light. There are only 8 light points in the flat and it is an 8 channel unit.

Mark the Sparkie, May 25, 2020
  6. Mark the Sparkie

Mark the Sparkie

Is there not a step by step fault finding chart available for the C Bus. Or an instruction manual on how to by pass the dimmer channel and only use a direct on and off application? Or is that not even possible.

7. Mark the Sparkie

Mark the Sparkie

Sorry I made a mistake with my previous remark, it is an 8 channel unit with only 6 light points operating from it but 1 switch controls all the lighting in the flat, from the kitchen, and then another switch IMG-20200525-WA0005.jpg in the lounge which allows you to control all the light points in the flat. I presume that the other 2 channels are to utilise the two extra light "switches".

Ask a Question