C-Bus Forums  

Go Back   C-Bus Forums > General > General Discussion

The C-Bus Community Forums is place where C-Bus users can share information and help others with C-Bus. From time to time you will see Clipsal staff on the forums, but this is not an official support channel. If you really need help contact the official support services of Clipsal. More information about the purpose of this forum is available here.

Old 09 Oct 12, 10:23 AM

Default Atom Lighting AT9012

Hi there

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the Atom Lighting AT9012 (http://www.atomlighting.com.au/produ...hts/AT9012.php) with C-Bus. I am planning a renovation and have one of these lights installed in the kitchen just to see how it looks. It dims well on a standard rotary dimmer and the website says that it works with a Clipsal Universal Dimmer. I rang the company and they said the light has been tested and works with the C-Bus leading edge dimmer which seems a bit odd, given that all the information in this forum would imply that trailing edge dimmers are the way to go with LEDs.

Any experience or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Glenn
Old 10 Oct 12, 09:06 AM

How much did you pay for the AT9012 (approx).

Just curious. It looks like it would work well in my kitchen
Old 10 Oct 12, 09:56 AM

Hello,

Yes have used in a job but was a little flickery at lower dim level..

2 of the running on 1 channel of 1A LE dimmer..

Ashleigh, I purchased them at about $60..

Cheers..
Old 15 Oct 12, 01:39 PM

Default Assumption:

Hi Glenn
Quote:
Originally Posted by grw001 View Post
given that all the information in this forum would imply that trailing edge dimmers are the way to go with LEDs.
LED's are like no other light source. What works with one will most likely NOT with another. ALWAYS consult the manufacturer/ distributor for their recommendation. If you are doing a project with them get a sample before hand and test it out yourself. If they won't do you a sample to test, then I'd steer clear of their product, there are so many other options out there.