C-Bus Forums  

Go Back   C-Bus Forums > C-Bus Products > C-Bus Wired and other Hardware

The C-Bus Community Forums is place where C-Bus users can share information and help others with C-Bus. From time to time you will see Clipsal staff on the forums, but this is not an official support channel. If you really need help contact the official support services of Clipsal. More information about the purpose of this forum is available here.

Old 12 Aug 17, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylMc View Post
Coolmaster has a device to connect to that bus and provides an RS232 interface.
Then you need something, in my case logic running on Colour Touch screen to send commands and keep status.
Coolmaster also have an Ethernet unit that would allow control from anything that can sit on your network as send commands to it. Its not just RS232.
Old 12 Aug 17, 10:31 PM

Hello Mick
I haven't seen that device.
I'm sure Coolmaster has a lot of options now days.

For the Coolmaster back then I used a serial device server so it was on the network anyway.
When I said I had it running on Colour Touch that was not actually true because I had Homegate running the logic on a PC instead of the Colour Touch.
Same thing but Homegate was easier for me to manage remotely at the time.

10 years ago I actually had a problem commisioning the Coolmaster interface.
It was a task for sure to narrow it down.
Coolmaster replaced the unit and it is working fine to this day.

I replaced one wall wart in that time.
If I was doing it again I would put the Coolmaster or most importantly the power supply somewhere other than the ceiling space.
Old 12 Aug 17, 10:49 PM

Does anyone roughly know how much a coolmaster costs?? I will contact them first thing Monday, just don't want to get a shock over the phone. I should be used to it by now. Anything in regards to Cbus and automation is pricey. But it sure is convenient to turn **** on and off via the mobile 👍😁
Old 13 Aug 17, 03:06 AM

That's a good question to ask.
For the last job where I used a Coolmaster interface.
There was 4 AC units.
Two ducted units and two wall mounted splits.
Ten years ago the Coolmaster interface cost me about AU$1200 if that can be some indication.
Then you also need some logic or smarts somewhere to run it.

Ten years ago there wasn't a lot of options to get someone to set that up for you.
Forum member djaggar helped me a lot.
Actually he did it all.
I reckon he tried to help me do it so he would't have to do it all again for everyone else.
Unfortunately that didn't work out.
Sorry Dave
If I said I was at least 10 years behind you would not be enough.
I'm thinking the latest Wiser automation controller and good support should see this sort of thing more widely available.

Last edited by DarylMc; 13 Aug 17 at 03:29 AM.
Old 13 Aug 17, 08:46 AM

There are two flavors int he coolmaster range

One is more expensive (CoolMasterNet) but can connect to many different manufacturers and then there is the cheaper (CoolLinkNet) that is dedicated to a brand. For this one you buy the Mitsubishi version or the Fujitsu version etc - depending on what you have.

The protocol is the same across all models with only features of the different brands being the difference.

Cost from memory was about $700 for the basic model in Ethernet.

CoolLinkNet

CoolMasterNet

It appears that there is a new product now the Coolplug and CoolLinkHub. The CoolPlug connects to the indoor units and offers a wireless connection to the hub - built for mini split and multi split systems. The HA system then connects to the hub.

Builders will need to start adding closets or hubs soon as standard with all the different hubs that are now available.

Last edited by znelbok; 13 Aug 17 at 08:53 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by znelbok View Post
There are two flavors int he coolmaster range

One is more expensive (CoolMasterNet) but can connect to many different manufacturers and then there is the cheaper (CoolLinkNet) that is dedicated to a brand. For this one you buy the Mitsubishi version or the Fujitsu version etc - depending on what you have.

The protocol is the same across all models with only features of the different brands being the difference.

Cost from memory was about $700 for the basic model in Ethernet.

CoolLinkNet

CoolMasterNet

It appears that there is a new product now the Coolplug and CoolLinkHub. The CoolPlug connects to the indoor units and offers a wireless connection to the hub - built for mini split and multi split systems. The HA system then connects to the hub.

Builders will need to start adding closets or hubs soon as standard with all the different hubs that are now available.
Thx for the info,

I have been in contact with Igor Mitbarg the CEO of Cool Automation, I need someone to clarify what Igor has told me. He said I need to use a RS232 Cable to connect the Coolinkhub to my Cbus via a PACA controller? Do I need a PACA controller or is there another way to connect RS232 to my Cbus system as I do have a Wiser 2 controller. Im not very good with data cabling jargon. Is the PACA only designed to interface other equipment with Cbus? Or should I just get one of these new Wiser Automation Controllers to use as my RS232 Link?
any help would be great,

thx Matt
Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM

Wiser2 can run it for you via ethernet with a serial to ethernet converter.
New Wiser should be good too if someone has the programming for it done.

Have a read here and run it past Igor again.
http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15957

Last edited by DarylMc; Yesterday at 11:47 PM.