C-Bus Forums  

Go Back   C-Bus Forums > C-Bus Integration > C-Bus Serial Protocols

The C-Bus Community Forums is place where C-Bus users can share information and help others with C-Bus. From time to time you will see Clipsal staff on the forums, but this is not an official support channel. If you really need help contact the official support services of Clipsal. More information about the purpose of this forum is available here.

Old 31 Jul 17, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD View Post
I would expect so too (even though it wasn't one of my designs), and I'm disappointed to hear that people have had units that don't work out of the box. Unfortunately this is the first I've heard of it.

As design engineers we hope that when stuff like this happens, that it gets reported, because if we don't know about it we can't do anything about it.

Nick
I might book a time with Keenan at Schneider Brisbane and get him to verify that my port is buggered and if that's the case, I'll get it swapped under warranty and try again with the new one.
Old 01 Aug 17, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickD View Post
I would expect so too (even though it wasn't one of my designs), and I'm disappointed to hear that people have had units that don't work out of the box. Unfortunately this is the first I've heard of it.

As design engineers we hope that when stuff like this happens, that it gets reported, because if we don't know about it we can't do anything about it.

Nick
It is one of those things I guess, as a design person myself I feel your pain, at the end of the day, if it doesn't get captured under the warranty process then it is likely to get lost. Unfortunately this does depend on a lot of people in the middle, like the wholesaler and the Schneider/Clipsal Warehouse ect.
Old 02 Aug 17, 01:25 PM

Agree with your disappointment.

A few years back I had a design with a similar issue: a lot of RS-232 ports were knackered immediately after manufacture. The factory test people were most unhappy and blamed it all on a design fault. Something like 30% of everything built had to be reworked.

Turned out that the next batch built were all ok. That initial high failure rate was a reel of dodgy RS-232 converter IC's. Of course dealing with the maker of the components gets hard when they are bad and have all been built into products and shipped.

My reason for telling this is that you feel aggrieved, and rightly so. The manufacturer / factory may not know anything about it, and furthermore the control of that may also be completely out of their hands. It's disappointing but happens.