C-Bus Forums  

Go Back   C-Bus Forums > C-Bus Products > Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA

The C-Bus Community Forums is place where C-Bus users can share information and help others with C-Bus. From time to time you will see Clipsal staff on the forums, but this is not an official support channel. If you really need help contact the official support services of Clipsal. More information about the purpose of this forum is available here.

Old 22 Jan 17, 03:53 AM

Default new Multi room installation

Hi All
I'm starting my first installation next week, the customer has requested
for 6 rooms to have speakers. basically all she wants to do is choose which room to play her music, she only wants to play music from her IPhone via a wiser unit.
any suggestions on what to use?
would you need to use one amp per room ?
Thanks in advance
Old 27 Jan 17, 09:19 PM

if each room needs to be turned on/off individually she will need separate amps for each room. Suggest as Airport E
xpress as source. so can airplay to the device.
Old 31 Jan 17, 05:10 AM

Hi Thanks for the reply, the number of rooms have now reduced to 4 rooms , I have ordered a matrix switcher and 4 MRAs . I think playing music through the wiser from her iPhone is going to pose a completely different problem, airplay probable

Last edited by Bodhi; 31 Jan 17 at 05:12 AM.
Old 31 Jan 17, 04:28 PM

I use an AppleTV (gen 2, which still has the optical digital out) as a source for my MRA to play music from iTunes or Airplay from my phone.

It works fine, it's just a little clunky having to set the source/volume etc from C-Bus and then switch to the Remote app to select the track etc.

In theory it should be possible to write some software to bridge the C-Bus Media Transport control application to the Apple transport control to allow control and display of the track from C-Bus.... one problem is that the Apple side is not published although there seem to have been various attempts at reverse engineering it.

Nick
Old 02 Feb 17, 04:33 AM

Thanks Nick
We are going to use an airport express at the matrix then have an appletv behind each TV with MRA speaker cables going to TV also then on to the speakers themselves, switching between sound for TV and music when TV turned off .... it's all a big learning curve at the moment 😳
Thanks again
Old 03 Feb 17, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
Hi All
I'm starting my first installation next week, the customer has requested
for 6 rooms to have speakers. basically all she wants to do is choose which room to play her music, she only wants to play music from her IPhone via a wiser unit.
any suggestions on what to use?
would you need to use one amp per room ?
Thanks in advance
Are you sure this isn't a Sonos project ?
Old 06 Feb 17, 03:27 AM

Hi, it definitely is a Cbus installation, although I should imagine that the client is aware of Sonos, initially the installation was and is Cbus involving lighting, windows, blinds etc ... the audio came rather late to the party ... hopefully it will all work out 😳
Old 06 Feb 17, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
Hi, it definitely is a Cbus installation, although I should imagine that the client is aware of Sonos, initially the installation was and is Cbus involving lighting, windows, blinds etc ... the audio came rather late to the party ... hopefully it will all work out 😳
Not everything has to be chocolate, in a chocolate factory.
Old 12 Feb 17, 10:33 AM

Hi,

If your using the matrix, you could also use the usb socket on the front of the wiser to stream music.
there is also the 2 FM turner built in to the matrix.

Thanks

ben
www.clipsalcbus.co.uk