C-Bus Forums  

Go Back   C-Bus Forums > C-Bus Integration > Third-Party Solutions

The C-Bus Community Forums is place where C-Bus users can share information and help others with C-Bus. From time to time you will see Clipsal staff on the forums, but this is not an official support channel. If you really need help contact the official support services of Clipsal. More information about the purpose of this forum is available here.

Old 19 Jan 17, 01:14 AM

Default Integration with c-bus

Hi,
I have had my clipsal c-bus running now for about 4 years, (wiser 2, 8 8ch dimmers, 3 12ch relays etc), mainly running lighting interfaced through neo switches and the iOS and android apps. The system has been running fine since I installed (I'm a novice) into my new build.

I now want to try and get things like Amazon Echo, Siri etc working with it and also try and integrate my heatmiser controlled heating system.

I know I will need to connect my system to third party software which would allow further capability, but dispite searching online I am having difficulty finding some straight forward software.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated?
Old 19 Jan 17, 08:16 AM

Not much is straight forward from my understanding.

I've got it connected via MQTT and openHAB if you really want to try that. I've only just started playing with it but it's not quite 100% integration.

Josh
Old 19 Jan 17, 09:52 AM

hi monkey magic,

i'm thoroughly impressed with anthony webb's homebridge-cbus. visit that github link and/or search this forum for information.

with homebridge-cbus i'm able to control much of my house with siri.

it's bleeding edge, but remarkably stable -- but you've got to roll your sleeves up: you need to set up a server running c-gate and homebridge and be comfortable editing json configuration files.
Old 19 Jan 17, 10:52 AM

I control my lights with the echo using CQC.

Almost everything I have is integrated through CQC so light switches can activate any thing I want and anything else can turn lights on and off.
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:07 PM

Thanks guys,

I had a look at the homelink -Siri, which was very good. I haven't seen an example with the Echo.
I appreciate it's not going to be straight forward, and I will be going up a steep learning curve. I don't mind getting stuck in, I am not a programmer but IT literate, and have managed to implement my cBus system from scratch , which has been very stable.
Old 19 Jan 17, 07:11 PM

Mick
CQC was one of the few that seemed to be accessible., aswell as Openhab2, but there seems to be more around on the former.
Old 20 Jan 17, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonhac View Post
hi monkey magic,

i'm thoroughly impressed with anthony webb's homebridge-cbus. visit that github link and/or search this forum for information.

with homebridge-cbus i'm able to control much of my house with siri.

it's bleeding edge, but remarkably stable -- but you've got to roll your sleeves up: you need to set up a server running c-gate and homebridge and be comfortable editing json configuration files.
That doesn't look too bad but I'm not in the Apple camp.... I haven't setup everything yet but hopefully with openHAB I can get integration to any phone.
Josh
Old 01 Mar 17, 06:10 PM

Default Homebridge - Cbus intergration

Hi Every One

I am hoping that some one can help. I have installed C-gate on my Raspberry PI all works well. I have now installed homebridge and got it running and have successfully got a running config.json file but I am not getting any control of my system from my IPhone. I am totally lost of what to do now.

Hoping some one could give me some pointers

Andy
Old 02 Mar 17, 06:21 AM

Hi Andy
Were you able to add Homebridge as an accessory on the phone?

Have a look at the text for errors when you start Homebridge program on the pi.
Old 02 Mar 17, 09:31 AM

Default It's Working

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have finally got it working. I found that I had not added the project name to the cgate access txt file.

So all is good. I am struggling with editing the json files I use nano to edit files in ssh. Seems to cause a lot of issues.

Also I am unable to connect my wife's iPhone to the system it never finds Homebridge to pair.