C-Bus Forums  

Go Back   C-Bus Forums > C-Bus Products > C-Bus Automation Controllers

The C-Bus Community Forums is place where C-Bus users can share information and help others with C-Bus. From time to time you will see Clipsal staff on the forums, but this is not an official support channel. If you really need help contact the official support services of Clipsal. More information about the purpose of this forum is available here.

Old 11 Oct 17, 03:43 PM

Default Missing Features

Hi Guys,

I have a new 5500SHAC installed in a restaurant.
I'm really struggling with some missing basic features at the moment.

Scenes, max ramp time of 17mins?
Timer functions, or lack there of. Can't seem set a button to be a timer?

It's been slated as a Touch Screen replacement, but at the moment there seems to be a lot of basic functions that we had on the touch screen, that we don't have now.

Chris.
Old 11 Oct 17, 05:27 PM

The maximum 17 minute ramp time is set by the underlying protocol, not the 5500SHAC. It is the same for every device. This is one step of the ga every 4 seconds. If you need longer delays (why?) just use logic to step the ga every x seconds.
Old 11 Oct 17, 07:37 PM

Ashley
Would it be correct to presume timer function for a button will also be done in logic?
Old 11 Oct 17, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Would it be correct to presume timer function for a button will also be done in logic?
I can't see any other way of doing it. You would have to create an event based script to issue a pulseCbusCommand for the ga.

I haven't spent that much time with it yet so I could be missing something. Can't say I'm very impressed with the interface so far. I understand that developers love web based interfaces because it makes their life so easy in not having to support apps on multiple platforms, but I've yet to find one that impresses.

Quote:
at the moment there seems to be a lot of basic functions that we had on the touch screen, that we don't have now.
I have to agree in being a bit underwhelmed so far.