C-Bus Forums  

Go Back   C-Bus Forums > C-Bus Integration > C-Gate Developers

The C-Bus Community Forums is place where C-Bus users can share information and help others with C-Bus. From time to time you will see Clipsal staff on the forums, but this is not an official support channel. If you really need help contact the official support services of Clipsal. More information about the purpose of this forum is available here.

Old 06 Jan 14, 02:51 PM

I'm not sure if you worked this out but now my big project of building the dining table for xmas lunch and the associated celebrations are over I've had some time to play and connected my 5000SM2 directly to the Pi.

The connections I used were

Code:
 Pi pin               5000SM2 pin

1 (3.3v)	->    7
 6 (GND)        ->    9 (Common)
 8 (TX)         ->    8 (RX)
 10 (RX)	->    10 (TX)
The console needs to be disabled on the pi and the safest way is to install rpi-serial-console, simply run:

Code:
sudo wget https://raw.github.com/lurch/rpi-serial-console/master/rpi-serial-console -O /usr/bin/rpi-serial-console && sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/rpi-serial-console
Then to disable the serial console, simply run:
Code:
sudo rpi-serial-console disable
Update /etc/init.d/ser2sock so the start line changes from
Code:
/usr/local/bin/ser2sock -d -p 10001 -s /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 9600
to
Code:
/usr/local/bin/ser2sock -d -p 10001 -s /dev/ttyAMA0 -b 9600
The pi then needs to be rebooted for the changes to take effect

Last edited by cheekymonkey; 06 Jan 14 at 02:55 PM. Reason: changed connection to code so it formats better
Old 25 Jul 14, 12:29 PM

Default intermitted problems with ser2sock

Hi,

following the excellent guide I got my Pi working pretty easily and have since moved all my logic onto my Pi using nodejs.

The only issue I am having is now and again the cbus connection USB to serial via ser2sock falls over. This seems random and it may stay up for a month or only a day. When it does fail cgate reports 'restarting stuck transmitter' errors and the only way to fix it is to stop & restart the ser2sock service. Before I go a build the detect&restart functionality into nodejs I though I would ask if anyone has experienced this behaviour and is there a fix?

thanks,
Old 09 Sep 14, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9 View Post
Hi,

following the excellent guide I got my Pi working pretty easily and have since moved all my logic onto my Pi using nodejs.

The only issue I am having is now and again the cbus connection USB to serial via ser2sock falls over. This seems random and it may stay up for a month or only a day. When it does fail cgate reports 'restarting stuck transmitter' errors and the only way to fix it is to stop & restart the ser2sock service. Before I go a build the detect&restart functionality into nodejs I though I would ask if anyone has experienced this behaviour and is there a fix?

thanks,
An update for anyone who may come across a similar problem. A couple of days after I posted the above I went and downloaded the latest ser2sock from github. It's now been 6 weeks with no problems so fingers crossed i believe it's resolved the issue.
Old 06 May 17, 10:41 PM

It's been 5 years since my original post and I finally have CGate running on rapsberry pi
I can't even remember why I wanted to do it 5 years ago but it is very useful for homebridge-cbus.

My sincere thanks to everyone who has contributed and made that possible.

Last edited by DarylMc; 07 May 17 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06 Oct 17, 01:19 AM
Administrator

Just a heads up for anyone following this guide on a RPi3 or Pi Zero W, using a 5000SM/2 via /dev/TTYAMA0. You'll need to disable bluetooth and swap serial ports using this guide to get it working:

https://spellfoundry.com/2016/05/29/...ncluding-pi-3/