C-Bus Forums  

Go Back   C-Bus Forums > Other CIS Products > Homesafe & Security Access & Control

The C-Bus Community Forums is place where C-Bus users can share information and help others with C-Bus. From time to time you will see Clipsal staff on the forums, but this is not an official support channel. If you really need help contact the official support services of Clipsal. More information about the purpose of this forum is available here.

Old 07 Jan 14, 01:22 AM

are you saying the serial port is sending other data the cbus interface does not understand out he serial port. ??
Old 07 Jan 14, 04:10 PM

Yes. Generally the serial port transmits all status messages and the CBus interface only passes a sub set of them.

I just hunted up my old 540016CB C-Bus option documentation and it says it's possible to configure the panel to transmit zone status changes even when the panel is disarmed, but unfortunately doesn't say how (It doesn't recommend it however as PIRs can easily flood the CBus network). It does say, however, you can map up to 16 status messages onto CBus group addresses and these will be triggered even when the panel is disarmed, so that might be worth trying.

I don't have a copy of the serial protocol the homesafe, but I believe its a copy of the Ness D16 which I have the serial protocol document for and it definitely transmits zone status changes both armed and disarmed, and as the protocol is in ascii you could always plug a monitor into it a see what you get.
Old 08 Jan 14, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
I just hunted up my old 540016CB C-Bus option documentation and it says it's possible to configure the panel to transmit zone status changes even when the panel is disarmed, but unfortunately doesn't say how (It doesn't recommend it however as PIRs can easily flood the CBus network). It does say, however, you can map up to 16 status messages onto CBus group addresses and these will be triggered even when the panel is disarmed, so that might be worth trying. .
I assume you mean this document
http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/__data/p...upplement2.pdf

the exact words are "It is possible to configure the panel to send C-Bus commands each time a zone is unsealed (triggered), even when the unit is disarmed. "

and it does this my issue is I want the "Sealed Messages" when disarmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
I don't have a copy of the serial protocol the homesafe, but I believe its a copy of the Ness D16 which I have the serial protocol document for and it definitely transmits zone status changes both armed and disarmed, and as the protocol is in ascii you could always plug a monitor into it a see what you get.
is it 9600 N 8 1

I have a PAC next to the alarm and could connect alarm serial TX to the RX here.

by the time I have finished I could have written the fix for the Clipsal product for them (if I hand the development env)
Who has the source for this Clipsal or Ness ??

Last edited by Charlie Crackle; 08 Jan 14 at 02:24 AM.
Old 10 Jan 14, 04:17 PM

After talking to CIS tech support today. basically a ness product CIS don't have development input.

I rang NESS and they tell me they do support sealed and unsealed messages
using the 106-125

http://nesscorporation.com/ness-mini...interface.html

this board supports the D16x rev 7.3 and above

I checked the version on the Clipsal D16x and the chip has a sticker saying v1.8 so looks like I can not upgrade..

Why has Clipsal not moved with the times and updated their product to the current firmware/boards ??

With firmware this old looks like I need to return the product now and in the future buy from NESS.
Attached Images

Last edited by Charlie Crackle; 10 Jan 14 at 04:20 PM.
Old 17 Jan 14, 08:09 PM

Why has Clipsal not moved with the times and updated their product to the current firmware/boards ??

Just not enough hours in the day with the resources you have ?
Old 21 Jan 14, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Crackle View Post
After talking to CIS tech support today. basically a ness product CIS don't have development input.

I rang NESS and they tell me they do support sealed and unsealed messages
using the 106-125

http://nesscorporation.com/ness-mini...interface.html

this board supports the D16x rev 7.3 and above

I checked the version on the Clipsal D16x and the chip has a sticker saying v1.8 so looks like I can not upgrade..

With firmware this old looks like I need to return the product now and in the future buy from NESS.
i had troubles with the newer product in regards to setting arm and disarm scenes. they would not trigger at all.
Old 11 May 16, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Crackle View Post
I have a customer who would like to remotely see the status of his garage doors.

The doors can be opened or closed via cbus or remote.

The client wants to be able to check they are closed.

The doors have a Reed switch on them connected to the Cbus Home safe alarm panel.

easy I thought just get status from the zone.

No so easy...

there is a turn on a group address when unsealed but nothing when sealed.

I thought I would look at the security app as this has the zone sealed and unsealed messages but then I found these don't come when the system is not armed.

Ahhhhhhhhh

then I then had dejavu and remembered this I posted years ago.

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6047

Did my wish list every get any were further than a post on the forum ??
Looks like I have to add DPDT relay and a bus coupler what a load of over engineering...

Can this be added to the Christmas list ?
Hey Charlie,

Prob a bit late now but I got around this issue by wiring the door reed to two zones - one wired as N.O. and the other wired as N.C. I also used a couple of diodes to keep the zones isolated. Working fine. The only thing is one of the zones is always 'unsealed' but as long as auto exclude is enabled (which it is be default) this doesn't cause any issues.
Old 14 Jun 16, 01:16 AM

clever idea. can you tell me how you wired the diodes