PDA

View Full Version : Somfey Blinds into C-Bus

Doug
10 Aug 04, 09:52 AM
I have just purchased two motorised Somefey blinds to install into my home. How do you intergrate them into the C-Bus so you can control all normal functions?

Regards
Doug

Wilko
12 Aug 04, 02:40 PM
I'm just about to start a job where Somfy blinds are being installed. They haven't confirmed that they want them controlled by C-Bus, but I'll find out if it can be done then try and talk them into it!

The job consists of a function room that can be split (with huge movable walls) into 7 smaller areas. As well as general lighting there is LED feature lighting, and fibre optic "star lights" (6000 specks of light - thankfully I only have to provide feeds to 8 illuminators!). There's also 2 ceiling projectors with motorised screens. As you can imagine, it will be a bit disappointing to have all this on C-bus just to leave the blinds out.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll be learning a bit along the way. Stay tuned...

Advantex
12 Aug 04, 04:39 PM
Have had dealings with aluminium roller shutters using these controllers. These had their own controllers that stopped the motor on detection of fully up or fully down. They provided means for digital control (ie. relay signals) from other components made by this company which provide a sort of 2way or multipoint switching and also multiple blinds on one control.

A major trap is one circuit per blind motor, anything more complex than this and you must use their controllers otherwise the blinds will not operate correctly.

There is only up or down, no half way as such. I was not able to easily program a method of preventing up and down being pressed at same time (especially if more than one switching point) and had to use some exclusiveOR logic with Home-Minder.

I concluded in the end that all I did was waste a lot of time. In retrospect, it would have been easier and much less of a headache to use their system as it stands. Not saying it cannot be done, just that it was not as easy as it first appeared.

PSC
12 Aug 04, 07:03 PM
Do you have a remote control with the Somfy's?

If so, Somfy require 240V to be wired directly to the blind. All you will need is a two sets of contacts (voltage free) from the CBus relay - one for up & one for down. So set the key inputs on the switch or touch screen to 2 sec timers (or press buttons, only in Reflection, NEO & Saturn) thus only provide a short pulse to the Somfy.

However it does depend on the type of Somfy controller you have. If the Somfy requires power to it obviously you need to get it from a CBus relay.

Make sure that you supply power to the Somfy for 2-5 seconds longer than it requires, otherwise the blind may well stop short of your intended finishing point. The extra power supplied will not hurt it as the power to the blind is cut when the blind reaches it limits. This extra 2-5 seconds is needed because over time motorised blinds tend to slow down.

With all motorised blinds make sure the top & bottom limits are set correctly!

As stated previously; to stop the blinds you need to pulse / supply power to both the up & the down channels. This is probably best done with Minder.
In fact if you want the blinds to truly functional purchase a Somfy wind & sun sensor & hook it up to the Minder. This way if it is too windy the Minder will bring the blinds up & if it's very sunny it will put the blinds down. With Minder the blind can now be controlled to only operate in the day & not at night and operate differenty on weekends etc etc.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TRYING TO DO IT ANY OTHER WAY! TRUST ME.

If you don't have a Minder buy one and automate your blinds properly.

PSC.

Doug
13 Aug 04, 09:16 AM
Thanks very much to everyone for the help. Appreciate it.

Regards

Doug

Wilko
13 Aug 04, 12:45 PM
This is how I plan to program the relays (see attached images). I'll have to replicate this setup for all 16 blinds. This way I'll also have a "Stop" control, using the logic address.

PSC and Advantex: What do you think?

Doug
13 Aug 04, 01:13 PM
Peter

Would it be easier to use a changeover relay instead of a standard relay?

Regards

Doug

Wilko
13 Aug 04, 02:06 PM
Doug,

I haven't played with changeover relays yet. Do they have an Off position, or is one of the contacts always selected? I assume it's the latter. If so, the blind would constantly be being told to either open or close. Even though the blind's limit switches prevent any action, it still wouldn't be desirable.

Also, according to PSC, to stop the blind you need to apply power to both the Up and Down channels. A changeover relay wouldn't allow you to do that.

Regards,

Doug
13 Aug 04, 02:54 PM
Peter

I was under the assumption that a change over relay allowed you to latch a position by using a set of N/O and N/C contacts. You could pulse the blinds up and down by using the bell press function on either a touch screen, NEO or Saturn key inputs. Could we please be able to get clarification from CIS as to the suitability of a change over relay for this purpose?

Regards

Doug

Michael
13 Aug 04, 03:58 PM
http://www.clipsal.com/cis/pdf_files/CIS_2003_newsletter.PDF

An Example of wiring for motor shutters can be found in this link.... I think you'll find what you want is around page 21

Michael

MichaelCarey
13 Aug 04, 04:13 PM
Hi Everybody,
Does Somfy make the complete system, blinds, motor etc. or just the motorised stuff. I had a look through www.somfy.com.au and it's all about the automation of blinds, awnings and nothing about the actual blinds themselves....
Regards,
Michael.

Doug
13 Aug 04, 05:30 PM
Micheal

Thanks alot that was exactly what I was after.

Regards

Doug

Wilko
13 Aug 04, 05:35 PM
Yep, very helpful.

You were on the right track with the changeover relays Doug! I'm glad I found out now, before I started ordering gear. :)

Advantex
13 Aug 04, 06:19 PM
1. I assume you are using C-Bus control. 2. I can only assume Somfy use the same/similar controllers regardless of the blind/shutter/awning attached. 3. If (as in NZ), Somfy will have priced to provide controllers as part of the tender regardless of wether you want to use them or not. 4. It is your preference or desire to C-Bus or otherwise automate the control.

I have not played with these devices extensively, however their controllers are self managing. Please do not assume that one set of relay outputs will control several blind motors - this is the trap I fell into. Somfy use a reversible single phase motor - internally configured "different" from what you might expect. Their own controllers manage the limit settings very well.

I suspect you intend to use the Somfy controllers to drive the motors however IF you intend to drive them direct from a C-Bus relay, then a pulse (timed to extend past fully open or fully close) or similar command will be required. Power on after limit has been reached is not a problem for the blind and suggest you do as PCS indicated - even in this mode - and extend the on/off times by a couple of seconds. You (should) allow for the possiblilty of some fiddler attempting to press up and down at the same time, (the blind motors DO NOT like this!) and as stated before, that this is not easy bearing in mind that C-Bus does not have an "output enable" (output only while true) type command.

Using the Somfy controllers, PCS is correct as best as my memory serves me. As noted, the controller needs a non switched 230v power supply. If using their controllers (recommended), multiple switch points are also best achived this way as is 'global up/down (open/close).

What you need to be careful of is the relationship of the C-Bus tags. In regards to a changover relay (I have not used one), remember that the blind if powered up for example will not like a down command being issued at the same time or from another source i.e. C-Touch. Remember, C-Bus has no output enable command, just 'if on, go off' or 'if off, go on' or 'toggle/pulse/timer etc'. With a changeover relay, you must ensure the blind cannot remain powered on one direction when a command is issued to go in the other direction.

I could be stepping out of line here, but if you are not sure what is going to be required, perhaps I could suggest (with all respect to Clipsal) that you use an Allen Bradley Pico Controller or any other similar brand as an intermediatery device. Send your commands to the pico, let the pico decide multiple commands, timing (which is user adjustable via the LCD display) and the logic to prevent up and down operation from any one or more sources being activated at the same time. If ths is of interest, I can guide you further. They are not expensive and dead easy to program.

rowanh
13 Aug 04, 10:14 PM
Hi --

I recently installed four Somfy-driven internal blinds, linked in two of groups of two.

I decided to go the 'long' route (see below) mainly due to the fact that there is no local Somfy distribution in South Africa. Add to this a couple of oddities (e.g. the motors require Somfy 24 volt transformers) / Clipsal had never heard of Somfy / the [Somfy] blind supplier had never heard of Clipsal / etc etc - you get my drift <g>

The 'long route' was to:

1. Order standard IR remote controlled Somfy blinds;
2. Order a Clipsal 5034NIRT with two IR outputs;
3. Use the IR transmitters to duplicate the Somfy IR remote control by sticking the emitter heads on the Somfy IR receiver. A minor benefit is that, in cases of emergency, the Somfy remote still works.

To duplicate the Somfy codes I found it easiest to pay one of the local Clipsal integrators to install the Somfy IR codes (using a 5100RP IR Reader).

To use the Somfy 8-channel IR control one first selects the channel (i.e. blind) using the numeric portion of the keypad and then the motion (up/stop/down). By using the IR reader we discovered that the codes for each channel differ, but that the codes for the motion are identical, irrespective of channel.

So, after fiddling a little, we set up four commands, duplicated for each channel: select channel / channel up / channel stop / channel down.

These were transferred to an 8-way Neo for manual control: the left bank of four switches (i.e. channel 1) controls blinds 1 & 2, the right bank (i.e. channel 2) controls blinds 3 & 4. Manual control of the blinds is thus identical to the Somfy remote.

The control was also transferred to a Minder, which is responsible for opening / closing the blinds each day. After some cursing (par for the course <g>) I found that the most reliable method of controlling the blind was to first pulse the channel selection then pulse the motion, both for about 0,3 of a second.

There is the occasional hiccough - the log shows the commands as being executed, but the blind stays put - but this is so infrequent that it hasn't been worth investigating. [The blinds always work if the command is repeated, so I am thinking of programming the Minder to simply re-issue the commands after a two-minute delay].

Hope this helps

-- rowan

Phil.H
14 Aug 04, 09:02 AM
Peter & Doug,

Peter your suggestion (via screen grabs) is simple and clean, the only down side with this is I guess you are going to use three buttons for the control. In all cases be very careful to consider interlocking, that is making sure someone cannot energise a motor in both directions at once. In the case of motor controlers like the Somfy (CD4 etc) the interlocking is taken care by the motor controller and you are controlling aux inputs into that controller. If the motor has no internal control, it is strongly recommended to use electrical interlocking via a change over contact. There are two forms of electrical interlocking, one - if both up and down are powered at once, a single C/O contact will interupt the power to the other channel. Two - two C/O contacts used will see a motor stop if both channels are operated at once, eg, each C/O contact interupts power to the opposite channel. (It is a little hard to discribe with words alone)

Important: Do not rely on logic alone for achieving interlocking.

dale
14 Aug 04, 04:43 PM
You can use a somfy CD 4 controller or through cbus with minder to contol the interlocks
Be careful with the CD 4as the wiring diagram differs from the device to the one in the box also depends on which end of the blind the motor is on
Dale

Rossco
17 Aug 04, 06:42 PM
I have had a lot of experience with C-BUS and Somfy blinds.
The best way I have found to control the blinds is directly from C-BUS with electrical interlocking relays, not using the Somfy relay control boxes.
I have found in the past the somfy control boxes can lock up and require powering down then up again.

If you are to control them without the somfy control box the blinds must be electrically interlocked so the motors will not receive power on the up and down windings at the same time or you will void any warranty.
To control one blind, all you need is one relay with normally open contacts NC, normally closed contacts NO and common C and 2 C-BUS outputs.
Note if you are to control more than 1 motor together in a group you will need to wire all motors separately back and use 2 x C-BUS outputs for each blind or use multi-pole relays.

The motors do not like to be joined together and cause back EMF to each other.
I have recently finished a project with 28 Somfy blinds which were wired this way and controlled by a C-Touch with no problems in counted at all.

The C-BUS switches should be programmed as timers for about 5 seconds longer than the blinds require, so that the power is release from the blinds and not solely relying on the limits of the blinds.

If you require any schematic diagrams I can write one up for you.

UK Household Automation
18 Aug 04, 06:05 AM
The somfy motors are usually split winding.

We have a relay set up that allows both the minder and/or C bus and /or manual wall switch to operate together.

Is the motor split winding? do you want a manual wall switch (es) as well?

Doug
18 Aug 04, 09:18 AM
Rossco

I wired up my blinds last night and using a changeover relay and a set of contacts from the standard relay for interlocking. I have set up both blinds to operate from the touch screen off a bell press for initial testing. The blinds went in opposite directions i.e. one up and one down when a down command chosen. I thought I had swapped over the wiring so I swapped the wiring on one then tested again. All good this time. However a few minutes later one blind swapped directions??? I check my wiring on both ends this time and found that my original wiring was correct so I swapped back to that and the system is running fine now. I still have to set it up for single touch timer control but I was wondering if you had ever encountered this problem.

Regards

Doug

Rossco
18 Aug 04, 06:29 PM
No must say haven't heard of that one.
I have found controlling the blinds this way directly is the most reliable and easist way, it gives you total control.

If you are controlling via 2 switches EG up and down and you have a C-Touch it pays to put some logic in it via scenes to software interlock as well, this will enable you to press the up switch and blinds go up and without pressing the switch again to stop the blind being able to press the down switch which will stop the blind from going up and then go down and vise versa.
You can also setup scenes to group blinds and stop buttons.
If you have a Minder it is easier to do the logic in it.

Regards,
Ross

tonyr
20 Aug 04, 07:47 AM
I have done a couple houses using Sofmy. They have a product called busline which is a transmitter and acts like there basic remote (up, down, stop). The blinds have a receiver built into the tube.
The busline requires 3 wires (up, down and common).
You can connect a normal switch to it. To interface to cbus I allocate 1 relay channel to up, 1 relay channel to down and joined them to gether to get my common.
Programmed 2 switches as timers (up and down). To stop the blinds you push both of them at the same time.
The blind installer can programme intermediate stops and by pushing the stops twice in a row will cause it to go to this intermediate stop.
The advantage is you are not directly controlling the motors, no logic required and you can usually put theses transmitters next to the switch board.
The only problem I found was that if you send via a scene say a up command to a group of blinds it does not work as the transmitter signals cancel each other out as I can not get delays between commands. To overcome this I suggest you put in extra transmitter and a group of blinds can be linked to this transmitter or use minder.

JasonCox
24 Aug 04, 10:25 PM
The way that I controlled these blinds is with changeover relays.

I then used a spare c-bus relay that fed the common of the changeover relay. When you press up, it closes the relay feeding the common of the changeover relay and changes the state of the changeover relay for up (depending on how you have wired it).

Down is just the reverse. when the blind hits its limit, it stops! (won't harm the blind unit) :)

To stop the blind half-way, just open the relay that feeds the common of the changeover relay. :cool:

To do this you will need a switch capable of scenes or use a touchscreen, because you have to switch two groups for a UP or DOWN command.

jacksim
25 Aug 04, 06:18 PM
Hi Experts,
Is there anyone did a key switch control to curtain motor (open; close; stop)??
i'm using NEO 8key to control curtain motor. i reserved only 2 keys for it (press and hold to open and close). i going to install day curtain and night curtain. is it posible for me to control it by using 1 key to control (open; close) or (open; close; stop) for single motor?? what type of curtain motor recomended? i tested somfy and yokota m30.

Regards

Jack

Rossco
25 Aug 04, 06:39 PM
Jacksim

If you have a Minder you can control up,down & stop with the one key,
other wise you require 2 keys for up/stop and down/stop.

As for Motors I have used Somfy for many years with no problems and strongly recommend them.

Regards,
Rossco

jacksim
26 Aug 04, 05:23 PM
Expert,
Do you have any website(link) for us to search more model spec for somfy curtain motor? because i cant get the info from www.somfy.com..Thanks!

I dont have Minder. i'm using 8k.

Regards

Jack

Wilko
30 Aug 04, 02:31 PM
After much communication with clients, and reading of this thread (thanks to everyone for their input and to Doug for raising the question at just the right time!) I finally have my plan in place.

I had designed the control arrangement based on direct 240v control to the motors, using changeover relays for interlocking. This is the way Doug went (and that's where I got the info), with great success.

Then, just as I was happy with the design, I was informed that Somfy RF control will be installed (Telis 1ch RTS sending signals to RTS2 motor). By adding a Somfy RTS Busline Transmitter to each blind (think of it as similar to a C-Bus Coupler), I can now use any dry contact closure for up, down and stop functions, and the customer can still use their remote control.

This means no changeover relays for interlocking, as the Somfy gear will prevent any mishaps. Using ordinary voltage free relay contacts, only a momentary closure is required to activate the blind in either direction, and operating both Up and Down contacts simultaneously will stop the blind. I don't have to worry about setting up the limits or anything, so I've got it pretty easy really.

I spoke to Somfy this morning about both methods of control (direct 240v control with interlocking OR interfacing to Busline Transmitter with regular relay contacts) and both got the verbal stamp of approval from them.

If I have any interesting dramas or developments I'll post them. But at this stage, I'll touch wood and say... what can possibly go wrong? :)

MattB
01 Sep 04, 10:35 PM
Has anyone interfaced 'Blockout' brand roller security shutters with C-Bus? Have you had any issues?

From what I have read it looks as though they are basically the same setup as the Somfy blinds. I plan to go the changeover relay way with normal relay channel feeding the common.

I have a job with 48 of them so any tips before I starting installing would be appreciated.

Cheers
Matt

Guru
06 Sep 04, 12:20 PM
Hi All,

See attached Howto Guide (2 docs) in pdf, c-bus tag (version 2) and c-touch xml in zip format on how I think blinds could be controlled in C-Bus.

Guru
06 Sep 04, 04:00 PM
Hi Everybody,
Does Somfy make the complete system, blinds, motor etc. or just the motorised stuff. I had a look through www.somfy.com.au and it's all about the automation of blinds, awnings and nothing about the actual blinds themselves....
Regards,
Michael.

See
http://www.somfysystems.com/www/ADDITION/WEB.INSTRUCTIONS/pdf/

Google found it.

Guru
10 Sep 04, 04:59 PM
Hi All,

For Blind control I have tested using a standard C-Bus 4 key input unit (without scene triggering in C-Touch for those who read the earlier docs) using the Advanced key functions to come up with this attached pdf and C-Bus database. Any comments??

eleroAustralia
07 Mar 05, 05:54 PM
That thread is quite old, but just some comments here (we are one of the OEM manufacturers for motors)

Absolutely essential for controlling blinds, shutters, curtains, etc:
(Partly already mentioned):
- Interlocking in open and close direction (Best by electrical interlocking)
- No parallel connection of most motors
- SWITCH-OVER DELAY between open and close of min. 0.5 seconds!

All of which has been taken care if you follow the programming instructions of "Guru" just above.

If the programming sounds to complicated, there is also an easy way out:
(And if you need to control motors in groups also cheaper)
We have controllers for 165 - 240 dollars wholesale (one is even DIN rail mounted and you can connect 2 motors, or with built in radio receiver, etc)
With that controller in between all you need to set your C-bus switch function to is "bell press" and you have all these features plus latching, stopping, inching function as well as power off to the blinds after 3 minutes (just in case there is something wrong with the limit switches)
No need for any Minder or changeover relay (cost saving!) for proper motor integration.
What is added in cost of Hardware, is easily made up by easy programming, clear wiring and almost impossible for someone else to mess up the correct programming for the motors
Because who can guarantee the correct programming is maintained down the track if the client wants to change or add switches or add some sun, wind or timer automation?

The controller works for all major motor manufactures in the world (elero, Somfy, Simu, Becker, Jolly etc) without effecting their warranty.
(And no, Somfy doesn't make the blinds, they are the motor supplier)

Hope this still helps someone out there

Attached:
"Comprehensive BMCS requirements.pdf"
a more detailed in depth explanation of what is required for proper BMCS integration as well as some issues associated with it

"C-bus to elero controller page 1.pdf"
Overview of available controllers as well as suggestions how to setup the C-bus if these controllers are used

"C-bus to elero controller page 2.pdf"
Showing connection details to motor and controllers

znelbok
08 Mar 05, 09:44 AM
A question I have about this a application groups.

Assume I am using a c-bus key input to open and close curtains.

If I put the relays for the curtains in a different application group to that used by lighting, does this mean that I cant mix lights and curtains on the one key input. And if I want to achieve this I need to put curtain control in the lighting app group.

If this is the case, it would be nice to be able to partition a key input so that different applications can be accessed from one plate (similarily partitioning of a relay may have some advantages - but I could be wrong)

Mick

Duncan
08 Mar 05, 10:55 AM
A question I have about this a application groups.

Assume I am using a c-bus key input to open and close curtains.

If I put the relays for the curtains in a different application group to that used by lighting, does this mean that I cant mix lights and curtains on the one key input. And if I want to achieve this I need to put curtain control in the lighting app group.

If this is the case, it would be nice to be able to partition a key input so that different applications can be accessed from one plate (similarily partitioning of a relay may have some advantages - but I could be wrong)

Mick

Mick,

The answer is dependent on whether its a Neo/Saturn/Reflection key or an older unit..

Duncan
08 Mar 05, 11:35 AM
Mick,

The answer is dependent on whether its a Neo/Saturn/Reflection key or an older unit..

Mick,

This thread (http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857) raises a few possibilities that you might consider.

znelbok
09 Mar 05, 07:50 AM
Thanks Duncan, I read that thread first and wondered if my question had prompted its posting. Just got to understand what you said now.

I was thinking about the older 2000 series keypads, but from what I read it appears that I cant unless I use the neo based ones.

Mick

karwalski
12 Jul 07, 01:59 PM
Hope this answers everyones questions

Somfy Motors to Building Management System (http://www.karwalski.net/Somfy2BMS.pdf)

fleetz
14 Jul 07, 11:24 AM
That thread is quite old, but just some comments here (we are one of the OEM manufacturers for motors)

Absolutely essential for controlling blinds, shutters, curtains, etc:
(Partly already mentioned):
- Interlocking in open and close direction (Best by electrical interlocking)
- No parallel connection of most motors
- SWITCH-OVER DELAY between open and close of min. 0.5 seconds!

All of which has been taken care if you follow the programming instructions of "Guru" just above.

If the programming sounds to complicated, there is also an easy way out:
(And if you need to control motors in groups also cheaper)
We have controllers for 165 - 240 dollars wholesale (one is even DIN rail mounted and you can connect 2 motors, or with built in radio receiver, etc)
With that controller in between all you need to set your C-bus switch function to is "bell press" and you have all these features plus latching, stopping, inching function as well as power off to the blinds after 3 minutes (just in case there is something wrong with the limit switches)
No need for any Minder or changeover relay (cost saving!) for proper motor integration.
What is added in cost of Hardware, is easily made up by easy programming, clear wiring and almost impossible for someone else to mess up the correct programming for the motors
Because who can guarantee the correct programming is maintained down the track if the client wants to change or add switches or add some sun, wind or timer automation?

The controller works for all major motor manufactures in the world (elero, Somfy, Simu, Becker, Jolly etc) without effecting their warranty.
(And no, Somfy doesn't make the blinds, they are the motor supplier)

Hope this still helps someone out there

Attached:
"Comprehensive BMCS requirements.pdf"
a more detailed in depth explanation of what is required for proper BMCS integration as well as some issues associated with it

"C-bus to elero controller page 1.pdf"
Overview of available controllers as well as suggestions how to setup the C-bus if these controllers are used

"C-bus to elero controller page 2.pdf"
Showing connection details to motor and controllers

What happened to Elero? They still represented here in Australia?

eleroAustralia
17 Jul 07, 03:39 PM
Yes, elero is still in business with new management and still support from head office in Germany.
Also see these links:
http://www.elero.com/en;contact;international;WerkID:125;View:2.htm

http://www.elero.com/en;information;for-stockist;d:2354.htm

Hope this helps.
I am trying to look into the forum every now and than, but for urgent questions you're welcome to send a private message as well.

eleroAustralia
17 Jul 07, 05:44 PM
Hope this answers everyones questions

Somfy Motors to Building Management System (http://www.karwalski.net/Somfy2BMS.pdf)

Quite good, but for page 1 (for image number 1 and 2):
You will still need a minimum delay time between up and down of 0.5 seconds, otherwise you still will burn the motors out over time, it just will take longer.

NickD
17 Jul 07, 06:25 PM
You will still need a minimum delay time between up and down of 0.5 seconds, otherwise you still will burn the motors out over time, it just will take longer.

I'm curious - can you explain the reason for this requirement? I hear it a lot but without any technical explanation.

I haven't pulled a motor apart, but I assume they're geared down... is it to allow for the gearbox to stop before changing direction?

Nick

eleroAustralia
17 Jul 07, 08:07 PM
Below how the motor is wired on the inside.
The capacitor would discharge on top of incomming voltage and put extra voltage on the motor winding, thus burning it out over time. (Same reason why parallel wiring is usually not allowed)
o.5 seconds is just a timing that has been established as a standard by all tubular motor manufacturers that I am aware of.

Additionally, the bigger the motors, shut down is not immediate and the motor acts like a generator, putting that on top as well.

fleetz
18 Jul 07, 11:18 AM
Yes, elero is still in business with new management and still support from head office in Germany.
Also see these links:
http://www.elero.com/en;contact;international;WerkID:125;View:2.htm

http://www.elero.com/en;information;for-stockist;d:2354.htm

Hope this helps.
I am trying to look into the forum every now and than, but for urgent questions you're welcome to send a private message as well.

Cheers for that I have been in contact with Michael Powell and awaiting some information he is going to email. Your product look interesting and will give Somfy a run for their money....but only if you are more competitive.

Fleetz

discjockeyr
17 Mar 08, 05:48 AM
Hello,

i know that the tread is old but i found usefull information. I have a quastion and hope to have a reply. Dear Guru in post 29 in the attached files i read the diagram about changeover relays. can you do the same as diagram 1 and instead change over relay use a voltage free replay?
Thanks, and hope that get an answer even if this topic is too old.

NickD
17 Mar 08, 09:23 AM
I think if you follow the wiring in Figure 1 (or read the document) you'll see that the changeover relay for the UP direction is necessary to provide the interlocking so that UP and DOWN cannot be powered simultaneously, so the answer is No.

Nick